Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

[Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 6 February 2020 - 9:27 pm
You guys fail to understand. Congratulating you for winning & being impressed by a performance are two different things.

When 7th slapped us in the 2016 TIW grand finals and used some unheard of CBX strat that ruined us during the game, I was impressed and I said it afterwards.

When you guys narrowly beat a less active team that also didnt have its best player who would of likely played in all 11 of the maps. I was not impressed.

Also for a guy you all say sucks at tg (xCs), during your Dy vs xCs war gary outplayed all of you guys in your war and had to basically solo carry some games without their other top player.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 6 February 2020 - 9:32 pm
You guys fail to understand. Congratulating you for winning & being impressed by a performance are two different things.

When 7th slapped us in the 2016 TIW grand finals and used some unheard of CBX strat that ruined us during the game, I was impressed and I said it afterwards.

When you guys narrowly beat a less active team that also didnt have its best player who would of likely played in all 11 of the maps. I was not impressed.

Also for a guy you all say sucks at tg (xCs), during your Dy vs xCs war gary outplayed all of you guys in your war and had to basically solo carry some games without their other top player.
you guys have the #1 current clan spot and deserve it

Ty ;bleh
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 6 February 2020 - 10:07 pm
Very important here guys, who has or can create the random pack off maps?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 6 February 2020 - 11:01 pm by _IYIastA_
I could make the actual map pack, the mod page, dunno what acc or password !
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 7 February 2020 - 1:55 am
Guys regarding vetos and immunitys:

What i think will work really well is 3 vetos, and 1 immunity as already mentioned. I can see some think 2 vetos is fine but id like to open it a little further and i think it will work even better than before. The immunity as mentioned before can be used any round. However i think a good idea with the vetos is while still keep the 3 but instead of say people saving all their vetos is allow it so you only have 1 veto per round.

Thoughts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 7 February 2020 - 2:34 am

What i think will work really well is 3 vetos, and 1 immunity as already mentioned. I can see some think 2 vetos is fine but id like to open it a little further and i think it will work even better than before. The immunity as mentioned before can be used any round. However i think a good idea with the vetos is while still keep the 3 but instead of say people saving all their vetos is allow it so you only have 1 veto per round.

Thoughts?
People should be able to use their veto's on the round they see fit is my opinion. If you dont use a veto for the 1v1/2v2 round you risk still losing a point in that but having the veto's for later if you want to have them is also a viable strategy that I dont think needs to be messed with
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Edited 7 February 2020 - 3:16 am by [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Thoughts?

This makes way more sense,
3 vetos just in the TG round, dodging opponent best maps and not being able to play yours doesn’t make much sense imo.
Honestly I don’t see much sense in vetos anyway, If tiw is to prove who is the best clan then why you are able to veto enemy’s best map and not being able to play yours, except for the immunity?
I understand CS have many varieties of maps and not all of the clans can compete in every map, so 1 or at max 2 vetos are more than fine, as I said before 3 vetos just in one round forcing to play your 5th “best” map is a bs.
1 veto x round will fix the issue very well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 7 February 2020 - 3:21 am

Thoughts?
sounds good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 7 February 2020 - 4:37 am
This makes way more sense,
3 vetos just in the TG round, dodging opponent best maps and not being able to play yours doesn’t make much sense imo.
Honestly I don’t see much sense in vetos anyway, If tiw is to prove who is the best clan then why you are able to veto enemy’s best map and not being able to play yours, except for the immunity?
I understand CS have many varieties of maps and not all of the clans can compete in every map, so 1 or at max 2 vetos are more than fine, as I said before 3 vetos just in one round forcing to play your 5th “best” map is a bs.
1 veto x round will fix the issue very well.
Immunity is put in place to help teams get atleast a for sure home map to play. If a few veto's stop you from getting maps you can play properly it just simply means your map pool & depth isnt big enough. Also veto's make sure the games are more competitive & enjoyable instead of just cheap wins

If the far majority prefer it the way army suggested then just dont be expecting some close matches from this years TIW.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 7 February 2020 - 6:48 am
Very important here guys, who has or can create the random pack off maps?

Do you need me to ask chris regarding VCOM subforums issue and to transfer Barry the VCOM Tournament Random pack or do you have your own fast contact to him? (not the voobly mailbox)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 7 February 2020 - 6:52 am by [I3acI]_Army1_
Ive no fast way to contact him, i had hoped he wouldve read some of this
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 7 February 2020 - 6:59 am by ['RB']nhoobish
Ok, I passed on the subforum issue and that should be Barry's acc where to pack is tied to.
_IYIastA_ wrote:
I could make the actual map pack, the mod page, dunno what acc or password !
https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/465/VCOM-Tournament-Random
https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123365447
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Edited 7 February 2020 - 8:23 am by [Me_]Zanchy____
Vetos should be able to be used in any round! The majority of cases will be in tg due to importance, but it's a strategy thing. It worked well in 2016, why change it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 7 February 2020 - 9:49 am by [I3acI]_Army1_
Well some wanted less vetos and i noticed others saying they were happy enough with 2 vetos as well so im trying to find a middle ground. I know i cant please everyone and i thought it was an interesting concept.

What about and of course just floating it 3 vetos, 1 immunity. 1 veto to be used in either the 1v1 and 2v2 round and 2 can be used in the 3v3/4v4 round?

I also know its a difficult concept to agree on without knowing map votes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 7 February 2020 - 9:51 am
Well some wanted less vetos and i noticed others saying they were happy enough with 2 vetos as well so im trying to find a middle ground. I know i cant please everyone and i thought it was an interesting concept.

What about and of course just floating it 3 vetos, 1 immunity. 1 veto to be used in either the 1v1 and 2v2 round and 2 can be used in the 3v3/4v4 round?

Vetos in 1v1/2v2 most of the time are useless since if you veto a map in a set that costs less points, it moves to be picked again in a set with more points.

Link | Reply | Quote
«19202122232425262728[29]30313233343536373839»
Displaying 421 - 435 out of 611 posts