Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

24_King_

Edited 3 February 2020 - 1:11 pm by 24_King_
You talk about a massive advantage when u propose RCB into the pool, since no one play it in 1v1/2v2/3v3, fair?
Why we need learn or play maps that noone plays now?

Every player of mirror CBA hero, was playing Random civis first, whats ur Point?

Bloods clan Will have a MASSIVE advantage in the pack maps,since there are like 10+ bloods, only 2/3 cbs.

My points was only immunity to CBA Hero in tg round, and 0 immunities extras, 2/3 vetos. Thats all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Edited 3 February 2020 - 8:50 pm by [Me_]Zanchy____
I dont mind having CBA hero auto played in tg round, but why CBA? It is nowhere near as popular and actually rcb is about the same. Your argument of rcb is played FFA is also void because CBA and hero are played 4v4 with random civs, in random spots..

I'd not participate in a tournament where the entire tg round is imposed. Im all for making hero automatically in just 1 round but no way for CBA.

Here's a way to do it as a compromise for all:

CBA, CBA Hero and RCB are auto voted in all rounds, rest of maps are voted for. ONLY Hero is automatically picked in TG round, and once. Each clan has 0 immunities, but 3 vetoes. The vetos can be used on anything EXCEPT Hero tg, ie a clan can veto hero 2v2 but not 4v4.

For example if eot wanted to veto all hero picks that they could, xCs could pick it in 2v2 and 1v1, eot could veto both, buy then xCs could pick CBA in all rounds, and eot could only veto one (as 1 left), probably tg.

So, this leaves xCs with CBA 1v1, CBA 2v2, CBA Hero 4v4 and then they are free to pick whatever else they want.

***I do not support this though. This is not what we want.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:22 pm
24_King_ wrote:
Why we need learn or play maps that noone plays now?

Why do we need to learn to play the maps that are resposible for the diminishing community? People are forming teams from their retirement homes to have a some blood/alt scenarios in the pool. More importantly Frankie reincarnated himself to host this and he is not hosting a CBA Hero tournament, as it is not the intention of this event.

As a sidenote, a rumour has it there will be a sponsored CBA Hero event coming soon, yet uncertain, whether before TIW or after.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:38 pm
also cba hero is popular because its easy way to gain puntos nothing else and nothing more and its the same reason why triple tech became popular as it made gaining puntos even easier
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Edited 3 February 2020 - 1:55 pm by [Eot_]Eddy1
1 immunity for everyone that can be used in either CBA/Hero/RCB (since these are the most popular maps), and it would be fair for all of the participant clans and not just for those who are based on CBA or Hero. The immunity can be used in either 1v1 or 2v2 or TG round whichever way suits best for each clan, but not in all sets.

3 vetoes. Same as always.

Maps can be picked only once, for example if a map gets vetoed in 1v1 it can be picked in 2v2 or TG sets but if the map is played in 1v1, it cannot be picked again in 2v2 or TG by the same clan who picked it in 1v1.
Imagine Eot vs xCs we pick RCB 1v1/2v2 and TG at the same time and we either win RCB 3 times easily (since xCs claim they don't have RCBplayers) or we waste all of their vetoes for one map which is stupid.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:57 pm
1 immunity for everyone that can be used in either CBA/Hero/RCB (since these are the most popular maps), and it would be fair for all of the participant clans and not just for those who are based on CBA or Hero. The immunity can be used in either 1v1 or 2v2 or TG round whichever way suits best for each clan, but not in all sets.

3 vetoes. Same as always.

Maps can be picked only once, for example if a map gets vetoed in 1v1 it can be picked in 2v2 or TG sets but if the map is played in 1v1, it cannot be picked again in 2v2 or TG by the same clan who picked it in 1v1.
Imagine Eot vs xCs we pick RCB 1v1/2v2 and TG at the same time and we either win RCB 3 times easily (since xCs claim they don't have RCBplayers) or we waste all of their vetoes for one map which is stupid.

I see no issues with this at all. It's v similar to past TIW, which worked really well.

We just have some babies who want everything their way, don't understand democracy and don't even read our posts.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:00 pm
In terms of map voting army, can you tell us how many maps per round? We could be thinking about this to have picks ready really for the voting.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:04 pm
I see no issues with this at all. It's v similar to past TIW, which worked really well.

We just have some babies who want everything their way, don't understand democracy and don't even read our posts.
I'd be fine with this, basically exact same settings as previous TIW's + each clan gets an immunity to address the CBA Hero problem.

Seems ideal to me, but i don't think everyone will agree.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Edited 3 February 2020 - 2:05 pm by 24_King_
Why do we need to learn to play the maps that are resposible for the diminishing community? People are forming teams from their retirement homes to have a some blood/alt scenarios in the pool. More importantly Frankie reincarnated himself to host this and he is not hosting a CBA Hero tournament, as it is not the intention of this event.

As a sidenote, a rumour has it there will be a sponsored CBA Hero event coming soon, yet uncertain, whether before TIW or after.
A CBA hero tournament bcs hero Is immunity(only) in 4v4 round? No Bro, no one is forcing in 1v1/2v2 or CBA, only CBA hero immunity in 4v4, and no extras immunity,thats all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:09 pm
24_King_ wrote:
A CBA hero tournament bcs hero Is immunity(only) in 4v4 round? No Bro, no one is forcing in 1v1/2v2 or CBA, only CBA hero immunity in 4v4, and no extras immunity,thats all.

Based on ratings you are 2K rated in every ladder, yet you only play CBA Hero ? ;KO
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 3 February 2020 - 2:10 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
24_King_ wrote:
But still, that gives an unfair advantage. Being able to FORCE half the tg picks is just too much.

The tournament is about diversity, why are we trying to force an advantage to hero players in first place? Just give an immunity anyone can use imo

Let's say map pool is 11, then maps will be something like:

CBA
CBA 42 civ
Hero
CBX
RCB
AB
Lustful
smosh
vet
gwarz
path

Just an example, but that's hardly giving a massive advantage to blood players that is claimed to be, there's really only 3 bloods there that old school blood players have an 'advantage' in (smosh vet gwarz)...

Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:10 pm
each clan/team should be given 1 immunity/veto each round as it will allow everyone to protect their strongest map and remove maps they feel weak in and create a competitive tournament

slim down the map pool for each round down to 5 maps for 1v1(bo3), 7 maps for 2v2(bo5) and 9 maps for 3v3/4v4 (bo7)

this would be fair anything else you suggest is purely to benefit your own team/clan and nothing else
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 3 February 2020 - 2:13 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
this would be fair anything else you suggest is purely to benefit your own team/clan and nothing else
I agree with most of this, although i'd favor widening the map pools a bit. A 9 map pool just seems to small for TG set, for example. I'd propose anywhere from 11-15, we want to promote diversity without having the map pool dominated by obscure maps or bloods, and i think 9 is too small, but maybe 15 is too big.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Edited 3 February 2020 - 2:16 pm by 24_King_
11 , RCB popular? Tell me 3 games 2v2/3v3 last 3 months.
CBA? Is played everyday, and sometimes mirror, lol, you play it too, + that rcb 11.

The comparison is absurd, you want to include automatic a map that nobody currently plays (not even you).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 3 February 2020 - 2:16 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
24_King_ wrote:
11 , RCB popular? Tell me 3 games 2v2/3v3 last 3 months.
CBA? Is played everyday, and sometimes mirror, lol, you play it too, + that rcb 11.

The comparison is absurd, you want to include a map that nobody currently plays (not even you).
This tournament isn't about which maps are most popular in the lobby though... it's about diversity and which maps are most popular among the participating clans (which is why we vote on maps)

but as it stands, RCB is probably the 3rd most popular map... and will almost certainly be included when voting happens, so i have no problem if we take it out as 'automatically in' as i'm nearly certain it'll be voted in anyway..

Link | Reply | Quote
«9101112131415161718[19]20212223242526272829»
Displaying 271 - 285 out of 611 posts