Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 3:54 pm

Here's the fairest way to do it as a compromise for all:

CBA, CBA Hero and RCB are auto voted in all rounds, rest of maps are voted for. ONLY Hero is automatically picked in TG round, and once. Each clan has 0 immunities, but 3 vetoes. The vetos can be used on anything EXCEPT Hero tg, ie a clan can veto hero 2v2 but not 4v4.

For example if eot wanted to veto all hero picks that they could, xCs could pick it in 2v2 and 1v1, eot could veto both, buy then xCs could pick CBA in all rounds, and eot could only veto one (as 1 left), probably tg.

So, this leaves xCs with CBA 1v1, CBA 2v2, CBA Hero 4v4 and then they are free to pick whatever else they want.

That is heavily CB based, and fairest tournament my clan will play in. TIW is for all, and to show breadth as well as depth.
+1 bro,This is what I raise more than 3 times, with the exception that rcb should be voted and maybe CBA.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 3 February 2020 - 4:35 pm
Let's be clear king, that's the limit on what I and then probably Dy would play though. I think that is probably CB overkill and wouldn't vote for that as I feel we have one of, if not the widest range of maps covered as a clan.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 3 February 2020 - 6:40 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Ok guys after sleeping what i can only say was over 12 hours i think i can try and be rational. As mentioned ignore my post from last night lol

Firstly map voting is the way we are doing it as its 100% fair and is a reflection of the maps those playing mostly want. Impossible to speculate how big any of the map pools will be as in previous TIWs it has varied completely dependent on the votes and in fact any map that got 2 votes got put in the map pool for that round. If only 2 clans want a map in i think its fair to include it. Obviously when i open voting map votes will be kept secret and i will not share anybodys votes with anyone (i think you all know i wont).

I think its fair to say cba hero would get voted into every round 1v1, 2v2, 3v3/4v4 but I would prefer to just open voting to everything more as a way of confirming what litterally everyone suspects that it would get more votes than anything else. I really dont think anyone can with any kind of accuracy guess what else might get voted in. I am against including it in every round auto and while i might be wrong it does seem as if the majority dont mind if i do include it? Personally I would prefer to show in a democratically secret vote just how many more votes it would get? Do i auto include it or open voting to everything?

Regarding immunitys, previously we allowed an immunity only to the non seeded clans. However I feel as a way of protecting everyones favourite map all teams/clans should have one and one only. This immunity can be used for any one pick in whatever round and of course its not a block immunity on a map where it can be immune from a veto in other rounds.

So for example a clan might decide to make cba hero immune from a veto in the 3v3/4v4 round. They can pick it in the earlier rounds but it is open to being vetoed. This means they can in theory force another clan to waste their vetos before the 3v3/4v4 round. This is off course if we have vetos which im assuming everyone is ok with 3 vetos?

Thoughts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 3 February 2020 - 6:55 pm
Ok guys after sleeping what i can only say was over 12 hours i think i can try and be rational. As mentioned ignore my post from last night lol

Firstly map voting is the way we are doing it as its 100% fair and is a reflection of the maps those playing mostly want. Impossible to speculate how big any of the map pools will be as in previous TIWs it has varied completely dependent on the votes and in fact any map that got 2 votes got put in the map pool for that round. If only 2 clans want a map in i think its fair to include it. Obviously when i open voting map votes will be kept secret and i will not share anybodys votes with anyone (i think you all know i wont).

I think its fair to say cba hero would get voted into every round 1v1, 2v2, 3v3/4v4 but I would prefer to just open voting to everything more as a way of confirming what litterally everyone suspects that it would get more votes than anything else. I really dont think anyone can with any kind of accuracy guess what else might get voted in. I am against including it in every round auto and while i might be wrong it does seem as if the majority dont mind if i do include it? Personally I would prefer to show in a democratically secret vote just how many more votes it would get? Do i auto include it or open voting to everything?

Regarding immunitys, previously we allowed an immunity only to the non seeded clans. However I feel as a way of protecting everyones favourite map all teams/clans should have one and one only. This immunity can be used for any one pick in whatever round and of course its not a block immunity on a map where it can be immune from a veto in other rounds.

So for example a clan might decide to make cba hero immune from a veto in the 3v3/4v4 round. They can pick it in the earlier rounds but it is open to being vetoed. This means they can in theory force another clan to waste their vetos before the 3v3/4v4 round. This is off course if we have vetos which im assuming everyone is ok with 3 vetos?

Thoughts?

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 7:47 pm

CBA, CBA Hero and RCB are auto voted in all rounds, rest of maps are voted for. ONLY Hero is automatically picked in TG round, and once. Each clan has 0 immunities, but 3 vetoes. The vetos can be used on anything EXCEPT Hero tg, ie a clan can veto hero 2v2 but not 4v4.

For example if eot wanted to veto all hero picks that they could, xCs could pick it in 2v2 and 1v1, eot could veto both, buy then xCs could pick CBA in all rounds, and eot could only veto one (as 1 left), probably tg.

So, this leaves xCs with CBA 1v1, CBA 2v2, CBA Hero 4v4 and then they are free to pick whatever else they want.

That is heavily CB based, and fairest tournament my clan will play in. TIW is for all, and to show breadth as well as depth.

@@Army, 4 clans support this idea, being the most coherent and fair for all,It looks great for everyone, Now, let the voting begin?.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_OMN

Posted 3 February 2020 - 8:46 pm
24_King_ wrote:
@@Army, 4 clans support this idea, being the most coherent and fair for all,It looks great for everyone, Now, let the voting begin?.

I do not support this idea, as per my last comments.

Immunity should be fine, 1 per clan and CBA/Hero will be voted in for every round anyway. Quit crying.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 3 February 2020 - 8:49 pm
I made it clear King, it is at this kind of stage we pull OUT of the tournament, that's not what I or [Dy] would support/vote for at all, stop twisting my words.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 9:03 pm
Contradictions come and go
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 3 February 2020 - 9:11 pm
It's not a contradiction at all, it's saying here is our line, but we don't ever want to get there... lol

Just mirror settings from last TIW and 14 on map votes
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 9:20 pm

?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 3 February 2020 - 10:12 pm
Yah, you keep quoting the post but that's not what I meant lol. I meant that we'd be fair and still play up til that point, but past it is ridiculous, doesn't mean we want to get there.

Just stop crying.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 10:24 pm
Next time, think a little before talk, you may do better in the next challenges.

Anyway, I think the fairest and most viable way is the one Zanchy finished confirming (even if he is contradicted now)

TIW is for all, and to show breadth as well as depth.
Agree.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 3 February 2020 - 10:54 pm
24_King_ wrote:
Next time, think a little before talk, you may do better in the next challenges.

Anyway, I think the fairest and most viable way is the one Zanchy finished confirming (even if he is contradicted now)

TIW is for all, and to show breadth as well as depth.
Agree.

Contradicting yourself then by not allowing breadth? lol breadth means range of maps in this case, depth is how good you are at them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 11:10 pm
All maps can be played if they are voted, my dear friend.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 11:21 pm
Voting is the fairest way, i do recognise cba hero is the most popular map and i am certain it will get voted in. I mean a map only needs 2 votes really. I think by giving every clan one immunity they can assure their favourite map is played in the round they prefer to use it. I dont mind auto putting it in and voting on the rest of the maps only because i am certain it will get voted in anyway but i would like to see just how many more votes it would get than the rest of the maps.

Link | Reply | Quote
«11121314151617181920[21]22232425262728293031»
Displaying 301 - 315 out of 611 posts