Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

[Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:19 pm
24_King_ wrote:
11 , RCB popular? Tell me 3 games 2v2/3v3 last 3 months.
CBA? Is played everyday, and sometimes mirror, lol, you play it too, + that rcb 11.

The comparison is absurd, you want to include a map that nobody currently plays (not even you).

There are people like me who love playing RCB TG, but sadly RCB TG is mostly played in TiW's and Random TG. Most of people don't like playing FFA and that is one of the reasons why it isn't played as much as CBA Hero, but until last month it was the 2nd most played map in CS since no one was playing CBA until the old players came back.

I don't really get what your problem is? Why are you forcing only CBA Hero? Are you that insecure about your abilities in other maps?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Edited 3 February 2020 - 2:27 pm by [Me_]Zanchy____
He has a +20 blood Streak men, must be strong.

There is normally 2-3 games of rcb at a time, same with CBA. Your argument is it's not played tg so irrelevant, well CBA is normally played 4v4, random civ, random spots with random teams. Your comeback?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:36 pm
I agree with most of this, although i'd favor widening the map pools a bit. A 9 map pool just seems to small for TG set, for example. I'd propose anywhere from 11-15, we want to promote diversity without having the map pool dominated by obscure maps or bloods, and i think 9 is too small, but maybe 15 is too big.

I have no problem with a bigger map pool for tg if maps like dome,grave,aow and europe are automatically removed from it as some of these maps are not fun to play or watch if you are clueless specially grave/dome
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jassim

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:43 pm
Leave Cba and rcb alone, we just want cba hero to be immune to vetoes in TG only, just one point considering it's the most popular map, and blood clans can easily replace any of their maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 3 February 2020 - 3:09 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
I have no problem with a bigger map pool for tg if maps like dome,grave,aow and europe are automatically removed from it as some of these maps are not fun to play or watch if you are clueless specially grave/dome
Well dome isn't even possible in TG since it's a 4 player map lol...

as for the other maps, i mean im a fan of grave/europe of course, and i think europe offered the most quality games last tournament, but i think this is stuff to discuss after voting has taken place as it may just be a non issue. However, if a map is voted in we should at the very least take it seriously as it's a mandate from the community, but i feel it's unlikely europe, aow or grave are voted in this time round anyway looking at the clans participating.

But i kinda agree with your point, i think we should just vote on maps and then discuss the size of the map pool after voting.
Jassim wrote:
Leave Cba and rcb alone, we just want cba hero to be immune to vetoes in TG only, just one point considering it's the most popular map, and blood clans can easily replace any of their maps.
Yes we know, and some of us disagree. A clan can use it's immunity on cba hero if they want to... but why should CBA hero teams get an extra advantage? Depending on the size of the map pool, i don't think there's gonna be as many blood maps to choose from as you think. After CBA, Hero, RCb, CBX, AB, lustful it leaves 5 maps assuming a pool of 11 (and they might not even all be bloods), then combine that with 3 vetos, it leaves 2 maps for the 'blood teams' 2 picks, so it's not really a choice at that point... they are left with 2 blood maps they HAVE to pick, and based on votes the maps left will probably be crap like path which is nobodies 'home map' and 50/50 for most teams. All the while CBA hero teams get to force their home pick.

Also, the most popular map in the lobby is cba hero random civ, not mirror.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:49 pm
Jassim wrote:

If map pool is 11, then there are 6 CB based maps (CBA/CBA Hero/CBA Hero 42 CIV/CBX/AB/AOW), which makes it more than half of the maps being CB based and you can replace any of them easily just like bloods, right?

I don't get why you really need this advantage in order to win.

Just make it fair for everyone and use 1 immunity in whichever one of three maps you want instead of making it favorable for xCs or IC.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 3 February 2020 - 3:02 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
If map pool is 11, then there are 6 CB based maps (CBA/CBA Hero/CBA Hero 42 CIV/CBX/AB/AOW), which makes it more than half of the maps being CB based and you can replace any of them easily just like bloods, right?

I don't get why you really need this advantage in order to win.

Just make it fair for everyone and use 1 immunity in whichever one of three maps you want instead of making it favorable for xCs or IC.
Then factor in the 3 vetos, and 'blood teams' aren't really left with a choice of maps, they are left with 2 maps that they have no choice but to use. (if we're assuming like an 11 map pool)

My view is, if we really are going down this route of forcing cba hero (which i am really against as it is an unfair advantage), then it has to be in 1v1/2v2 round, because it's simply far too much of an advantage in TG round where 1 pick is worth a point.
Link | Reply | Quote
 subiculum

Posted 3 February 2020 - 3:02 pm
@plo what do you think bro?
Link | Reply | Quote
 xcs_player_4

Posted 3 February 2020 - 3:04 pm
Tryhardin' from settings
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Edited 3 February 2020 - 3:10 pm by 24_King_
Extra advantage, super advantage, massive advantage 11.
Every clan have a good team there(CBA hero), unless a clan, a we make a promise with them.

Yes bro, fair, choose rcb or some blood that idk(but voted,g8 democracy) and put immunity in them since no one plays bloods/ rcb, fair way, u win.

The only map that deserves immunity is CBA Hero (Only in TG to be fair), and the reasons why they are clear.

Variety will continue, clans that manage more maps continue to have the advantage.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 3 February 2020 - 3:11 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
24_King_ wrote:
Extra advantage, super advantage, massive advantage 11.
Every clan have a good team there, unless a clan, a we make a promise with them.
Yes bro, fair, choose rcb or some blood that idk(but voted,g8 democracy) and put immunity in them since no one plays bloods/ rcb, fair way, u win.

The only map that deserves immunity is CBA Hero (Only in TG to be fair), and the reasons why they are clear.

Variety will continue, clans that manage more maps continue to have the advantage.
adjective
treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination.

Just so we're on the same page as to what 'fair' means.

Putting it in the 1v1 or 2v2 round as 'immune' isn't really fair either, but it's at least a compromise.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 3:12 pm
1, u get it god :D.
4 of 5 clan have good team in cba/hero
2 of 5 clan have good team in rcb.
3 of 5 clan have good team in bloods.

Its fair, my friend ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 3 February 2020 - 3:15 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
24_King_ wrote:
1, u get it god :D.
4 of 5 clan have good team in cba/hero
2 of 5 clan have good team in rcb.
3 of 5 clan have good team in bloods.

Its fair, my friend ;)
Well no, by definition it's not fair because you're forcing a specific map to hold more weight than others...

I proposed a compromise, even that isn't 'fair' but it's at the very least some kind of middle ground, no?
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 3:19 pm
I'm not forcing it, giving priority to the most popular map of recent times and blah blah blah

Nobody is being affected, because everyone has a very good team, and they will be very competitive games, I don't see the problem in it, Dy and Eot Eddy have no problem, since they said they wouldnt veto it to IC.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 3 February 2020 - 3:27 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
24_King_ wrote:
I'm not forcing it, giving priority to the most popular map of recent times and blah blah blah

Nobody is being affected, because everyone has a very good team, and they will be very competitive games, I don't see the problem in it, Dy and Eot Eddy have no problem, since they said they wouldnt veto it to IC.
It's not really about who has a 'good team', it's about giving precedence to one map over others which goes against the very fibre of what TIW's original intentions are, and you and xcs are pushing for it because it's favourable for you... you can try to pretend it's not, but obviously CBA hero is the primary map both you and xcs focus on; it is not the primary map for any other team. Nobody else is pushing for their favourite/best maps to have some kind of advantage over other maps.

I'm gonna leave it here and see what others have to say; I respect your opinion and understand the logic behind it, but i also respectfully disagree with it.

Link | Reply | Quote
«10111213141516171819[20]21222324252627282930»
Displaying 286 - 300 out of 611 posts