Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

[Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 7 February 2020 - 10:01 am
Pretty sure it was a rule in the last TIW where if you veto'd a map it was veto'd across all sets so you didnt have to worry about using all veto's on a single map
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 7 February 2020 - 10:39 am
Pretty sure it was a rule in the last TIW where if you veto'd a map it was veto'd across all sets so you didnt have to worry about using all veto's on a single map

Vetos are set based, not all sets have the same maps for starters. Vetoing a map in a set in 1v1 or 2v2 does not carry over to the random decider, meanwhile the veto in 4v4 stage carries over to the random decider and the map has to be replayed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 7 February 2020 - 10:44 am
I have a doubt, what if the veto'd map comes up in random decider? people play it or needs to gb and try again ;?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 7 February 2020 - 10:52 am by [Eot_]Anonymous821
I mean whatever the community decides, as always is what should happen.

However, i'd personally prefer 1 immunity and 2 vetos that you can use how you want, over 2/3 vetos that are for specific rounds. But i'm fine with whatever
Nah, in the previous ones you could move maps around, it was a bit of a nightmare but i think people are clearer now. Veto's outside the TG round are basically worthless.
[xCs]_Jv wrote:
I have a doubt, what if the veto'd map comes up in random decider? people play it or needs to gb and try again ;?
If i recall once a map is veto'd for the Tg set it doesn't have to be played if it comes up in the decider.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 7 February 2020 - 10:54 am
ah ok
Link | Reply | Quote
 Army1_VCom

Posted 7 February 2020 - 12:19 pm
Ok guys here was the rules on vetos and immunitys in 2016:

Vetos:

"Each clan will have a total of 3 vetos to be used for each clan v clan battle. So for example a veto can be used for a map selection or if they dont like the map that comes up in the random rounds. You will only have 3 vetos in total for each clan v clan match up. If you use a veto on a teams home map and the map comes up in the random pack round then that same veto will still stand and the game needs to be restarted, you dont need another veto. If you are using a veto in a random game simply call veto within the first 2 minutes of the game and the other person/team will resign or else you resign. Make sure to post evidence of a veto used.

Make sure to make it clear if you are using a veto when a clan gives its map selection on the forum. Also make sure you have a veto to use if you call veto in a random round or else you may be forced to play that map or else you will auto be given a loss. Most likely a loss. It is the duty of both clans to make it clear to each other what vetos are left for each other so lets not have any uncomfortable instances where vetos are called when there is none."

Immunitys:

"Each of the non seeded clans will have one immunity per set in total they can use. What this means is they have one map pick that cannot be vetoed by the other clan. So for example dv8 might decide to put an immunity on cba 3v3, this will mean cba 3v3 will be played. When map picks are given or posted you will have to make it very clear which map pick you are using your immunity on.

Basically you have one map that you can call immunity on whether you want it in 1v1 section or 2v2 section or 3v3/4v4 section it is your choice. If because of vetos to other maps you want to change your map picks as in for example you change cba from 2v2 to 3v3 because of something else vetoed then it is that one map cba that is immune. Your basically calling immunity to one map and not dependent on which section it is used.

Basically you have one map that you can call immunity on whether you want it in 1v1 section or 2v2 section or 3v3/4v4 section it is your choice.

If you cast an immunity in the 1v1 or 2v2 section and that map comes up as the decider for that section then the map will still be immune from being vetoed. However if you cast an immunity on a map in the 3v3/4v4 section and it comes up in the overall random decider then it can be vetoed.

The Immunity is only for non seeds when they are playing seeded clans and not available when playing other non seeds. Come the semi final stage there will be no immunitys."

Link | Reply | Quote
 Jassim

Posted 7 February 2020 - 12:30 pm
2min to decide veto the map or not is too much especially for bloods, better to pause at start
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 7 February 2020 - 12:35 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
Jassim wrote:
2min to decide veto the map or not is too much especially for bloods, better to pause at start
Agreed, sounds fine to me. Can pause at the start for a minute and decide.
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 7 February 2020 - 2:29 pm
When is the deadline for the map picks? Couldn't find it anywhere
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 7 February 2020 - 2:41 pm
Was also wondering how many maps there will be in the TG round map pool?
We all had 10 votes, if there are only 10 maps in the TG round map pool then 3 veto's seem a bit much maybe (both teams realistically speaking use their 3 veto's in this round so that's 6 veto'ed maps out of 10)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 7 February 2020 - 2:43 pm
Im thinking sunday the 16th of feb at 6pm gmt
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 7 February 2020 - 2:45 pm
Was also wondering how many maps there will be in the TG round map pool?
We all had 10 votes, if there are only 10 maps in the TG round map pool then 3 veto's seem a bit much maybe (both teams realistically speaking use their 3 veto's in this round so that's 6 veto'ed maps out of 10)

There will be more than 10 maps in every round. If a map gets 2 votes its in basically
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 7 February 2020 - 2:54 pm
2 veto seems fine
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 7 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
There will be more than 10 maps in every round. If a map gets 2 votes its in basically

Ok then i'm probably more fan of a 3 veto system.
In my opinion it's all about the map pool: if the map pool would only consist of maps everybody knows and likes then we wouldn't need veto's, but the more 'shady' maps that are in, the more veto's we need to ensure good games and a close matchup.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 7 February 2020 - 3:11 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Ok then i'm probably more fan of a 3 veto system.
In my opinion it's all about the map pool: if the map pool would only consist of maps everybody knows and likes then we wouldn't need veto's, but the more 'shady' maps that are in, the more veto's we need to ensure good games and a close matchup.

Here was the maps voted in last TIW:

1v1
RCB
CBA Hero
Graves
Dome
Lustful
Archer Blood
Radical
Khans
Gwarz
Veteran
Spider
CBX

2v2
Gwarz
Dome
RCB
Veteran
Archer Blood
CBA Hero
Khans
Graves
Hero Fest
Smosh
Europe
Lustful
Desert

3v3/4v4
Gwarz
Smosh
Lustful
Veteran
Europe
WoA
CBA Hero
RCB
Nova
Archer Blood
KM
CBX
Graves
Hero Fest
Drow
CBA
Art of War
Radical

So you can see why having 3 vetos is important to get games as competitive as possible and clans/teams dont pick maps for cheap wins. Also why immunity important as well :)

Link | Reply | Quote
«20212223242526272829[30]31323334353637383940»
Displaying 436 - 450 out of 611 posts