Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

[I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 4 February 2020 - 9:49 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Guys in theory this could be the map votes along with someones potential 3 vetos and immunity pick:

1v1 round BO3
cba (veto)
cba hero
cbx
rcb
desert blood
dodgeball
roll the dice
smosh
archer blood
lustful

2v2 round BO3
cba
cba hero (veto)
cbx
rcb
desert blood
europe
lustful
archer blood
smosh
art of war

3v3/4v4 round BO5
cba (veto)
cba hero (immune)
cbx
rcb
europe
lustful
smosh
herofest
gwars
archer blood

The only map really any of us is sure about being included is cba hero the rest is guess work. I certainly wont be sharing anyones picks and lets say this was the picks then even if vetos are used then there is plenty of scope for other cbs to be picked. We are litterally second guessing the map picks. This is why its important to be a part to make your vote counts and more importantly to vote desert blood in lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 4 February 2020 - 9:29 pm
It is relevant lol, your entire argument is that CBA & Hero should be put up on a pedestal as they are the most played maps, but idk what relevance 4v4 random spots, random players & random civs have to do with 1v1 2v2 and TG mirror sides games? quite different.

No, it's irrelevant because they don't have to learn a brand new map (kills, razes, units, etc). They would only have to improve micro and macro, which means improving in Age of Empires as a game, which is a fair request to be considered the best CS clan today.

Learning how to play Graves or Dome or whatever, on top of improving their micro and macro, is much more difficult than learning how to improve in micro and macro within a map that they already know.

Capiche?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Posted 4 February 2020 - 9:48 pm
is irrelevant mirror or not...... dont u think?????? no???? Then shut up............................

Why do you type like a ****ing ****?
Its relevant because the people who plays Cba hero random civis 24×7 doesn't even care about TIW or any other tournament going on so stop acting like a **** and talk facts here..

3 vetos and 1 immunity seems pretty fair to me.. Idk why people are crying so much.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 4 February 2020 - 9:51 pm
No, it's irrelevant because they don't have to learn a brand new map (kills, razes, units, etc). They would only have to improve micro and macro, which means improving in Age of Empires as a game, which is a fair request to be considered the best CS clan today.

Learning how to play Graves or Dome or whatever, on top of improving their micro and macro, is much more difficult than learning how to improve in micro and macro within a map that they already know.

Capiche?

So you're indirectly admitting that xCs lacks a range of maps? I highly doubt dome/graves will be voted in, it will more likely common blood maps (as found as played daily in the random lite pack), along with RCB, CBA & CBA Hero.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Th0m

Posted 4 February 2020 - 10:12 pm
Why do we even need vetoes?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 4 February 2020 - 10:13 pm
Only handful know how to play dome/grave properly and they are inactive for the most part but if they do make it in im positive we can come to a agreement to have them removed as they are not fun maps to play if you are new to them
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 4 February 2020 - 10:23 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Th0m wrote:
Why do we even need vetoes?

Believe me no vetos makes my life alot easier but it does make map picks more competitive. They were kind of put in if memory serves me right to try and assure clans didnt pick certain maps as cheap wins and as such try and get as competitive a set as possible out of the map pool. Like for example cb clans picking cbs against blood clans, people picking europe against non europe players, people picking certain bloods they know they will win against cb clans.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 4 February 2020 - 10:24 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
What about a middle ground?

Would you consider no immunity and maybe 2 vetos if others agree? Since you said you'd agree to no immunity at all and 1 veto
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 4 February 2020 - 10:24 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
What about a middle ground?

Would you consider no immunity and maybe 2 vetos if others agree? Since you said you'd agree to no immuntiy at all and 1 veto

Problem i see with that is players could in theory prevent an apponents best/favorite map from being used in the more important rounds.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 4 February 2020 - 10:31 pm
So you're indirectly admitting that xCs lacks a range of maps? I highly doubt dome/graves will be voted in, it will more likely common blood maps (as found as played daily in the random lite pack), along with RCB, CBA & CBA Hero.

Again trying to attack xCs 11 we know enough maps to beat your ass in a clan war and that's good enough for us ;)

Rajput what do you think?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Posted 4 February 2020 - 10:45 pm
0 veto or just one veto is more than enough... you can have one bad map as a clan but you can’t have 3, and that will actually prove the best clan instead of not being able to play your best map and dodging your opponent best maps.
And no immunity just like we had in the last two tiw.

You guys had your own way in almost everything we are really trying hard to compromise so we all can happily play in what is probably the last decent tourney CS will have
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 4 February 2020 - 11:01 pm
Again trying to attack xCs 11 we know enough maps to beat your ass in a clan war and that's good enough for us ;)

Rajput what do you think?

So why crying about cba hero then?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 4 February 2020 - 11:11 pm
0 veto or just one veto is more than enough... you can have one bad map as a clan but you can’t have 3, and that will actually prove the best clan instead of not being able to play your best map and dodging your opponent best maps.
And no immunity just like we had in the last two tiw.

You guys had your own way in almost everything we are really trying hard to compromise so we all can happily play in what is probably the last decent tourney CS will have

If we have 1 veto and 0 immunity then theres a chance cba hero in 3v3/4v4 mightnt get played. I really dont think thats fair to those clans who want to play who are primarily cba hero clans. Im not actually saying you guys cause you can play other maps to a high level as well.

Believe me it makes my life so much easier having no vetos, im just a bit concerned at people picking maps for cheap wins.
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 4 February 2020 - 11:16 pm
Im actually more and more a fan of 3 vetos one immunity. more vetos Will make for closer games (you van veto maps u dont know how to play), immunity ensures u van at least play one of your best maps
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 4 February 2020 - 11:52 pm
Agree with the above.

Need to make something else clear for all Frankie, let's take this scenario;

Clan a choose Smosh 1v1, clan b play (do not veto), can clan a re-choose Smosh in 2v2 and or 3v3 rounds?

In previous TIW's clans couldn't.

Link | Reply | Quote
«16171819202122232425[26]27282930313233343536»
Displaying 376 - 390 out of 611 posts