Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

[Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 4 February 2020 - 8:28 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
Jassim wrote:
The irony Eot was crying when we suggested roster limit and said they will pull out if things didn't get their way
Please stop lying.

We disagreed/opposed a roster limit of 5, we were open to a larger one (i believe 8/10 was thrown around), but we still disagreed with it. We never said we would pull out if there was a roster limit.

But to be honest, the way you guys are going on and constantly trying to throw dirt at us instead of just debating the settings is making this entire thing more trouble than it's worth.

I really hope we can continue this thread without faeces throwing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 4 February 2020 - 8:27 pm
RB has members that came out of retirement for this tournament and I have no interest in placing anybody on a bench because clans recruited members previously only for certain maps as that a sole reason for the roster limit
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ Eot_]Whashisrage

Posted 4 February 2020 - 8:28 pm
But to be honest, the way you guys are going on and constantly trying to throw dirt at us instead of just debating the settings is making this entire thing more trouble than it's worth.
Havent the last TiWs been more trouble than its worth for you guys already? You guys literally won nothing and invested collabrativley 100s if not 1000s of hours into it ;w00t
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Edited 4 February 2020 - 8:33 pm by [xCs]PLO_Style
Well, I've finally decided to read the settings of this TiW today, and here are my thoughts:

Assuming each clan gets immunity that applies in all rounds (1v1, 2v2, and 3v3/4v4), most clans will win their home maps, because they will spend the majority of time practicing that map only. That means most outcomes will be determined by 1 point random deciders. Not sure how anyone can find this fun. xCs/IC/300 will make CBA/CBA Hero immune for all rounds, Eot_/Dy will make some bloods/alternative scenario immune, and Cena's team is a big question mark.

It's also very easy to imagine how this can get abused. Clans can collude in votes against other clans, make some obscure map immune, and promise not to use that map against each other.

As things stand, xCs are not motivated to participate for the following reasons:

- The setup of this TiW is unfair against CB-based clans, as our immunity choices will be obvious, whereas bloods-based clans' choices will not be (advantage for bloods clans because they know exactly what maps they need to practice against CB-based clans, whereas CB-based clans will not know which one of the 10+ bloods/alternative maps to practice, not to mention the fact that bloods-based clans can easily compete in CB maps as they are the most popular in the scenario and have been for many years now);

- High potential for collusion between clans which will result in lame and unfair outcomes;

- We can't imagine this being a fun tournament to play. Even assuming that all clans are fair and do not collude, each clan choosing their immune home maps in all rounds will get pretty tiresome, and relying on random decider for the outcome is a joke (even if they can get vetoed).

In our opinion, only CBA and/or Hero should get immunity in 3v3/4v4. That should be the only immunity in place, as it reflects the most played maps in the lobby today and therefore the winner of this tournament can validly claim to be the best CS clan/team. No clan should have immunity in the other rounds, or else we will only see home maps being played in all rounds. Every single clan that will play in TiW can comfortably compete in at least CBA Hero (if not CBA also), so there is no real unfair advantage. This will allow for more map variety in TiW (particularly in 1v1 and 2v2, where no immunities exist) and only one guarantee of CBA/Hero TG when a CB based clan is playing.

OR

Remove immunity altogether and reduce vetoes from 3 to 1. This is also acceptable for us.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 4 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
Havent the last TiWs been more trouble than its worth for you guys already? You guys literally won nothing and invested collabrativley 100s if not 1000s of hours into it ;w00t
We didnt win a TIW because we lost both times to the eventual winners. We beat every other top clan in CS on that road... and no it was not a waste, but I appreciate how much of a **** you are to write something like that on a smurf. If you are somehow a player that matters at all chances are we have smashed you in a TIW anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 4 February 2020 - 8:43 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
Not really, winning is fun but having fun, competitive games is the purpose and this was achieved during both the previous TIW's.

Any more bait you wanna try? How's steam?

@PLO, can't say i agree with everything but it's good to see at least a constructive post.

FYI the 'immunity' that everyone would get was planned only for TG rounds, not 1v1/2v2/ and tg. So you would get 1 immunity for 1 map in TG, so everything wouldn't necessarily just go to a random decider.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ Eot_]Whashisrage

Posted 4 February 2020 - 8:37 pm
I disagree with the roster limit, but Im all in for a roasting limit cause Ive apparently exceeded mine already with that post.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 4 February 2020 - 8:43 pm
Jassim wrote:
The irony Eot was crying when we suggested roster limit and said they will pull out if things didn't get their way

https://endoftheline.voobly.com/forum/thread/214022
https://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/236616

Roster limit has never been a thing to us. Unlike you were not full of hypocrisy. When we beat you in TIW you guys had a bigger roster than us... and when we won the 3rd Eot/XceL war they also had a bigger roster than us.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 4 February 2020 - 8:46 pm
Well, I've finally decided to read the settings of this TiW today, and here are my thoughts:

Assuming each clan gets immunity that applies in all rounds (1v1, 2v2, and 3v3/4v4), most clans will win their home maps, because they will spend the majority of time practicing that map only. That means most outcomes will be determined by 1 point random deciders. Not sure how anyone can find this fun. xCs/IC/300 will make CBA/CBA Hero immune for all rounds, Eot_/Dy will make some bloods/alternative scenario immune, and Cena's team is a big question mark.

It's also very easy to imagine how this can get abused. Clans can collude in votes against other clans, make some obscure map immune, and promise not to use that map against each other.

As things stand, xCs are not motivated to participate for the following reasons:

- The setup of this TiW is unfair against CB-based clans, as our immunity choices will be obvious, whereas bloods-based clans' choices will not be (advantage for bloods clans because they know exactly what maps they need to practice against CB-based clans, whereas CB-based clans will not know which one of the 10+ bloods/alternative maps to practice, not to mention the fact that bloods-based clans can easily compete in CB maps as they are the most popular in the scenario and have been for many years now);

- High potential for collusion between clans which will result in lame and unfair outcomes;

- We can't imagine this being a fun tournament to play. Even assuming that all clans are fair and do not collude, each clan choosing their immune home maps in all rounds will get pretty tiresome, and relying on random decider for the outcome is a joke (even if they can get vetoed).

In our opinion, only CBA and/or Hero should get immunity in 3v3/4v4. That should be the only immunity in place, as it reflects the most played maps in the lobby today and therefore the winner of this tournament can validly claim to be the best CS clan/team. No clan should have immunity in the other rounds, or else we will only see home maps being played in all rounds. Every single clan that will play in TiW can comfortably compete in at least CBA Hero (if not CBA also), so there is no real unfair advantage. This will allow for more map variety in TiW (particularly in 1v1 and 2v2, where no immunities exist) and only one guarantee of CBA/Hero TG when a CB based clan is playing.

OR

Remove immunity altogether and reduce vetoes from 3 to 1. This is also acceptable for us.

You read the rules wrong, there is 1 immunity per matchup (i.e. clan vs clan) not per round. So if we choose to use it in 1v1 for example we have no immunities left for 2v2 / TG.

Stop trying to promote immunity for CBA, which is compared with Hero a dead map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Edited 4 February 2020 - 9:09 pm by [xCs]PLO_Style
@PLO, can't say i agree with everything but it's good to see at least a constructive post.

FYI the 'immunity' that everyone would get was planned only for TG rounds, not 1v1/2v2/ and tg. So you would get 1 immunity for 1 map in TG, so everything wouldn't necessarily just go to a random decider.

Okay, so CB-based clans are forced to use their immunity on the most popular map in the lobby, whereas bloods-based clans can choose to make some obscure map immune, and CB-based clans will have a very small chance of winning in that map, versus bloods-based clans having a pretty great chance at winning the CBA/Hero (since they are the most popular, easiest to get practice in, and all clans have CBA/Hero mirror players).

Do you see where I'm going with this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 4 February 2020 - 9:09 pm
You read the rules wrong, there is 1 immunity per matchup (i.e. clan vs clan) not per round. So if we choose to use it in 1v1 for example we have no immunities left for 2v2 / TG.

Mixed the immunity rule of previous TiW with this one, my mistake. Point still stands.
Stop trying to promote immunity for CBA, which is compared with Hero a dead map.

https://www.voobly.com/ladder/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/CS-CBA-S2

Literally a game every 5 minutes or so. Pretty sure it's not a dead map rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Edited 4 February 2020 - 9:14 pm by [Eot_]RAJPUT__
Is it gets played with mirror civis... No???? Then shut up....
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 4 February 2020 - 9:14 pm
Okay, so CB-based clans are forced to use their immunity on the most popular map in the lobby, whereas bloods-based clans can choose to make some obscure map immune, and CB-based clans will have a very small chance of winning in that map, versus bloods-based clans having a pretty great chance at winning the CBA/Hero (since they are the most popular, easiest to get practice in, and all clans have CBA/Hero mirror players).

Do you see where I'm going with this?
Whats your idea of obscure? Could make a list of maps that you are able to use an immunity for. For example CBA CBA Hero RCB Smosh Gwarz Vetz AB something along those lines.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 4 February 2020 - 9:15 pm
Is it player with mirror civis... No???? Then shut up....

is irrelevant mirror or not...... dont u think?????? no???? Then shut up............................

Why do you type like a ****ing ****?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 4 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
It is relevant lol, your entire argument is that CBA & Hero should be put up on a pedestal as they are the most played maps, but idk what relevance 4v4 random spots, random players & random civs have to do with 1v1 2v2 and TG mirror sides games? quite different.

Link | Reply | Quote
«15161718192021222324[25]26272829303132333435»
Displaying 361 - 375 out of 611 posts