Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

seeyoulatter_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 11:29 pm
Regarding xCs, We could include xCs in voting and then if they want to pull out after seeing map pool, we can exclude their votes and put what it would have been without them?

Seems like the best thing to do imo
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 11:44 pm
Can't remember how frankie did voting before but ima lay out how id do it.

Let clans weigh their picks.

a #1 pick is worth 10
#2 worth 9
etc...

Clans can pick 10 each for every category. Then add them up and have a cutoff of like 12 for each round.

In addition there is a veto immunity for each clan, replacing the former veto protection for cba/hero. So clans can use one map in each category that they want.

Opinions?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Edited 3 February 2020 - 12:11 am by ['RB']ZottenDree
camp has raised concerns of cb maps not making it in the tournament and for that reason RB will pledge to vote for cbx, cba, cba hero and rcb in each round however each clan/team should be given 1 immunity/veto each round as it will allow everyone to protect their strongest map and remove maps they feel weak in and create a competitive tournament

slim down the map pool for each round down to 5 maps for 1v1, 7 maps for 2v2 and 9 maps for 3v3/4v4

also for those that want to thank frankie for his commitment towards cs even when most of us dont deserve it I suggest we all allow desert blood to be automatically included in the tournament for his pleasure
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 12:25 am
_IYIastA_ wrote:
Can't remember how frankie did voting before but ima lay out how id do it.

Let clans weigh their picks.

a #1 pick is worth 10
#2 worth 9
etc...

Clans can pick 10 each for every category. Then add them up and have a cutoff of like 12 for each round.
I like this
_IYIastA_ wrote:
In addition there is a veto immunity for each clan, replacing the former veto protection for cba/hero. So clans can use one map in each category that they want.

Opinions?
Not sure if i understood correctly, if you mean what i think you mean, RB could choose to get immunity for roll the dice in every round for example? Cause then i don't think it's a good idea. Immunity should be for high-profile maps, not jsut for any (obscure) map
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 12:25 am
also for those that want to thank frankie for his commitment towards cs even when most of us dont deserve it I suggest we all allow desert blood to be automatically included in the tournament for his pleasure

+1

Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:09 am
So immunity should only be for the maps that suit you?
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:15 am
_IYIastA_ wrote:
So immunity should only be for the maps that suit you?

For me the rule that you could either pick CBA OR CBA hero, but that it would get immunity if it got picked, was perfect.
I think we should at least recognise that CBA hero is the most played map in CS at the moment (for a while now) and let that weigh for something (even though it really doesn't suit me nor my team)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:16 am
Each team per set gets 1 immunity sounds fair. CB teams can have that for cba hero or whatever they want so its always gonna be auto played.

then you have to decide. 1 immunity 2 vetos or 1 immunity 3 vetos. Rules before were just 3 veto's per team, but if an immunity will be put in place you could take out an extra veto per team or just keep things the way it was before with an additional immunity rule.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:28 am
Alot to take in guys, im not long home after being away for the weekend. Pleased that some issues got resolved for the most part between each other. I think the fairest way is to put it to a vote thus why it will it will be a vote. For clarity the reason why TIW firstly happened is because me along with others while watching WIC(for those that dont know a very successful rm/dm tourney) thought it would be a good idea to try it in cs, so we did and it worked. Reason why i do it has nothing to do with whats being played now or whatever more so cause well i enjoy the match ups, in some ways feels like prize fighting and to go further MMA. I enjoy seeing the competitive nature of it. I mention mma cause well i like the mixed match ups be it 1v1, 2v2, 3v3/4v4 in a variety of maps excites me and well i feel thats what cs should be. It interests me, maybe im a pervert?

To cover some points, voting is the fairest way and will be how we decide the maps. Yes i think cba hero should auto be in every round and it will be. Im either gonna auto include it or just let it be voted in which it would be anyway. Desert is more me being a pervert again and yes i trolled on it but im happy enough to allow it to be put up to the vote discretion but i would appreciate it being voted in, i would accept it not being in though even though id be disappointed. Those who vote it in would clearly be given favourable admin decisions and those that pick it to play would be given admin wins when they lost lol. I do appreciate those who said i could put it in tbh.

I am leaning towards just allowing cba hero in even though i feel it unfair cause i think all should be voted in. Maybe i should just let it be voted in just to show its the most dominant map? I am actually thinking we should maybe just have a cba hero round in the 3v3/4v4 part but if clans/teams decide they dont want to play it then they dont have too. Im thinking an auto immunity for cba hero for that round and only that round. Im also thinking that 1 immunity is enough not counting the auto immunity.

TIW is and always will be about variety and i think thats what custom stands for. Yes i agree cba hero is the most dominant map and yes i think cba hero itself can show variety but custom itself is much much more.

Thoughts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:40 am
I'm kinda confused with a lot of what you wrote Frankie.. some contradictions there as well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 3 February 2020 - 1:46 am by [I3acI]_Army1_
Not long home mate il review it when i get some rest, was trying to cover a few points made in the thread lol.

The contradictions is more me being undecided in some issues but i will say this i do have a clear view for the most part.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:46 am
It sounds interesting a round bo3 CBA Hero 3v3 / 4v4, it could be Hidden civis to make it more fun, without repeat civis.
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 1:50 am
24_King_ wrote:
It sounds interesting a round bo3 CBA Hero 3v3 / 4v4, it could be Hidden civis to make it more fun, without repeat civis.

Hidden civis sounds fun yes, gives it an extra strategic factor
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Edited 3 February 2020 - 1:53 am by [Eot_]Trumplaris
if you guys are talking about an additional TG round of only hero on top of the TG bo5 set that has already been there the last two TIW's thats just adding an extra 2+ hours to TIW for no reason.

This is why you shouldnt be doing posts when you are tired or drunk frankie because you have 0 consistency.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 3 February 2020 - 2:01 am
Ive already banned myself from posting when drunk and for good reason lol. This is just tired tbh

Link | Reply | Quote
«78910111213141516[17]18192021222324252627»
Displaying 241 - 255 out of 611 posts