Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

24_King_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 7:38 pm
god, who's anonymous, i dont know talk english, but u dont know read
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 2 February 2020 - 7:52 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
24_King_ wrote:
god, who's anonymous, i dont know talk english, but u dont know read
I'm Rick. I've tried to be polite to you without any petty insults, so i'm not sure why you have to act like this.

I understand how to read, I just don't get what your point is exactly, i get you want more cba hero, and you're worried that it wont be involved with a democratic vote, so my point is why not wait till the voting has taken place before getting upset, as there's a very high chance it gets voted in, so this could be a non issue. If it doesn't get voted in, then it's a discussion to have after the votes.... but for now you're merely speculating. It seems perhaps you want CBA/CBA hero to play a bigger part in the tournie aswell, but the exact nature of how or why i'm not clear on... perhaps if you proposed an alternative it would be easier to follow.

If the problem is something else, then break it down to a statement and say what it is, rather than writing another essay with an example that doesn't really clear your point up. It's clear a lot of people aren't following your argument, so i was just trying to get it from you in a simple, unambiguous statement otherwise we're gonna keep going in circles. I'm sorry if that's upset you, that wasn't my intention; as i've previously stated i think you've been one of the best contributors to this thread. I was simply trying to move this thread on and make it clear exactly what the issue you're trying to express is..
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
I'm Rick. I've tried to be polite to you without any petty insults, so i'm not sure why you have to act like this.

I understand how to read, I just don't get what your point is exactly, i get you want more cba hero, and you're worried that it wont be involved with a democratic vote, so my point is why not wait till the voting has taken place before getting upset, as there's a very high chance it gets voted in, so this could be a non issue. If it doesn't get voted in, then it's a discussion to have after the votes.... but for now you're merely speculating. It seems perhaps you want CBA/CBA hero to play a bigger part in the tournie aswell, but the exact nature of how or why i'm not clear on... perhaps if you proposed something it would be easier to follow.

If the problem is something else, then break it down to a statement and say what it is, rather than writing another essay with an example that doesn't really clear your point up. It's clear a lot of people aren't following your argument, so i was just trying to get it from you in a simple, unambiguous statement otherwise we're gonna keep going in circles. I'm sorry if that's upset you, i was simply trying to move this thread on and make it clear exactly what the issue you're trying to express is..

Friend, I said in an orderly way, many options, and you ask the same thing again?
 Excuse me if you felt offended, but it seems like a joke that you ask me things that I already answered before.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 2 February 2020 - 7:53 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
24_King_ wrote:
Friend, I said in an orderly way, many options, and you ask the same thing again?
 Excuse me if you felt offended, but it seems like a joke that you ask me things that I already answered before.
Well it's not clear to me and some others, so perhaps you haven't answered it quite as clearly as you think you have?

Regardless, i'm not trying to argue, i was trying to help understand your point of view and move the thread on, but it seems a waste of time so i'll stop.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Edited 2 February 2020 - 8:12 pm by 24_King_
Summary: There was a pre-agreement that was considered CBA Hero and Desert (if army played) immune

Why?

Well, simple, it has been the map (with CBA) that has maintained competitiveness in the lobby and interest in it.

Consequence of the aforementioned: xCs Claims to be the best in CS (for dominating CBA Hero), many challenges arise for this statement (xCs Vs CB Top team, xCs Vs Dy / Eot), the CB clan underestimated in bloods wins the 3 challenges , and from there appears the probability of a TIW 2020.

Conclusion:

TIW 2015/2016,
It emerged thanks to the high competitiveness of the best players of the moment that most of the community wanted to see compete, and thus provide a spectacle to all.

TIW 2020:
It emerged thanks to the high competitiveness in CBA Hero / CBA, which were forced to play very dead maps for the moment (but nostalgic for old players).

So what's my point?
Well, the map that made the difference, and generated the most attention ever seen since 2016, was CBA Hero.

But to be fair, consider that it should only be included once but without being vetoed.

From there we start, it is a small rule, which doesnt benefit anyone, it is simply fair, the participating teams have great players from each map.

I respect those who dont consider CBA Hero, as a priority map at the moment, but I dont share their opinion.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jassim

Posted 2 February 2020 - 8:18 pm
King is clearly saying cba hero should weight more because it is one map, where there probably will be 6+ blood maps voted in.
Blood clans won't be hurt if one of their blood maps got vetoed because they will just pick another one. But it's big deal for cbs clan if cba hero got vetoed.
Cba hero mirror games were played more than all blood games together in the past two years, it's only fair for cba hero to be the only map immune to veto.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Edited 2 February 2020 - 8:22 pm by [Eot_]Eddy1
King we won't veto CBA/Hero vs you, but you won't win it either. Not sure if arguing about CBA Hero is going to help you in anything since the only clan you can beat in CBA/Hero is RB and you said you won't pick it vs them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 2 February 2020 - 8:29 pm by [Eot_]Anonymous821
24_King_ wrote:
Summary: There was a pre-agreement that was considered CBA Hero and Desert (if army played) immune

Why?

Well, simple, it has been the map (with CBA) that has maintained competitiveness in the lobby and interest in it.

Consequence of the aforementioned: xCs Claims to be the best in CS (for dominating CBA Hero), many challenges arise for this statement (xCs Vs CB Top team, xCs Vs Dy / Eot), the CB clan underestimated in bloods wins the 3 challenges , and from there appears the probability of a TIW 2020.

Conclusion:

TIW 2015/2016,
It emerged thanks to the high competitiveness of the best players of the moment that most of the community wanted to see compete, and thus provide a spectacle to all.

TIW 2020:
It emerged thanks to the high competitiveness in CBA Hero / CBA, which were forced to play very dead maps for the moment (but nostalgic for old players).

So what's my point?
Well, the map that made the difference, and generated the most attention ever seen since 2016, was CBA Hero.

But to be fair, consider that it should only be included once but without being vetoed.

From there we start, it is a small rule, which doesnt benefit anyone, it is simply fair, the participating teams have great players from each map.

I respect those who dont consider CBA Hero, as a priority map at the moment, but I dont share their opinion.
This is better, i feel we're on a similar page now. Essentially the point you're trying to express is 'CBA hero should have an immunity, as it's the most played map of the last few years'

The pre-agreement regarding desert was a troll FYI, army said to me (and i quote) when i asked if it's a troll 'wasn't it obvious'.

The mandate that's being set to you is; if the majority want CBA hero included, it will be when voting comes around, but obviously this doesn't address your point regarding the immunity.

Regarding the immunity; i myself have no issue with cba hero being immune in one round if it would help the tournaments overall competitiveness... although we'd have to discuss which round, because obviously in the TG round each map is worth more points than other rounds. We also have to decide if we're talking mirror, or some kind of random civ set (not sure how we'd make it fair), since that's the most played format in the lobby, although i guess it's less competitive than mirror.

So; going forward it seems your point is that it should be pre-agreed CBA Hero is included, and has an immunity?

How do the rest of the community feel about this? Perhaps it's something that should be discussed after the map vote has taken place?
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 8:34 pm
King we won't veto CBA/Hero vs you, but you won't win it either. Not sure if arguing about CBA Hero is going to help you in anything since the only clan you can beat in CBA/Hero is RB and you said you won't pick it vs them.

I talked about fair, and you attack me directly without me mentioning you?
Are you OK, friend?
Don't you get over having been swept in your only 2 maps?, do you want to divert the thread? Jv2.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 2 February 2020 - 8:38 pm
With respect King, nobody is gonna veto CBA/Hero vs 'IC' lol, just stop being counter-productive.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 2 February 2020 - 8:38 pm

RB has seen the return of one of our greatest assets in cba Justin ;3angel
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
With respect Zanchy, nobody is gonna veto CBA / Hero Vs Dy, because you won't have courage to choose them or vote for them, lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 9:25 pm
I'm not quite sure where everyone stands at the moment, so just to get things clear:

People (zanchy and eot) want to take this out of the discussion phase and into the voting phase.
Are they doing this assuming xCs is in or out? Because xCs voting or not voting will obviously matter a lot.
Did we reach any agreement upon veto settings or will this be discussed after voting?

Personally I suggest, if we do vote now, that we let xCs vote as well. After this vote they can still decide whether they want to play or not, cause it may very well depend on what maps will be played.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 2 February 2020 - 10:27 pm
I'm gonna assume xCs is gonna be involved in this tournament. Whether they are in the vote or not CBA Hero & CBA & RCB could all just be in the map pool from the start as they are the 3 most played maps in CS.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_OMN

Posted 2 February 2020 - 11:07 pm
24_King_ wrote:
With respect Zanchy, nobody is gonna veto CBA / Hero Vs Dy, because you won't have courage to choose them or vote for them, lol.

It's not about courage, it's about strategy, why pick a map where our clans are more evenly matched when we can pick maps that we win all day without trying? lol. You don't seem to understand how it works, here is an illustrative image to help:

You must login into Voobly to view image

Regarding xCs, you've had about 2 months to decide if you are playing or not and have your say; all you've done is troll. We could include xCs in voting and then if they want to pull out after seeing map pool, we can exclude their votes and put what it would have been without them?

Link | Reply | Quote
«6789101112131415[16]17181920212223242526»
Displaying 226 - 240 out of 611 posts