TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

jNk

Posted 20 March 2020 - 5:09 pm
Any chance you're gonna stop changing the rules even though the tournie has begun?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 20 March 2020 - 8:06 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
It isnt a change at all, it is sides as per nomal. Its really just letting those who want fun know they can if the other doesnt mind, but any concerns then its sides no questions asked. However if anyone even has any concerns with the fun clans having fun together then i wont allow it. We know who the fun clans are and we know who the competitive clans are so its as per normal. Is it even contenious? if even one person thinks it is or has any concerns i wont allow it, i dont even need a reason just someone to be concerned with it no questions asked. I don't mind if it even comes from a pm and i will keep it private.

In fact the only thing changed since it began is regarding dropping as i had never until recently encountered dropping like that in a tourney so never legislated for it but its quite clear that recent tourneys had it. I think everybody agrees the dropping rule needs added?

Also ive had to let it be known about toilet breaks as i didn't think it was necessary to include in the rules but feel its important that people recognise im allowed lol. I received alot of abuse for leaving my computer for 5 minutes and toilet breaks however seldom aren't up for discussion and im not gonna tell people when i need to go or even ask for permission lol, it also has never been a problem in the past. I hope nobody thinks thats a change to the rules, surely that's common sense.
Link | Reply | Quote
 jNk

Posted 20 March 2020 - 9:38 pm
It isnt a change at all, it is sides as per nomal. Its really just letting those who want fun know they can if the other doesnt mind, but any concerns then its sides no questions asked. However if anyone even has any concerns with the fun clans having fun together then i wont allow it. We know who the fun clans are and we know who the competitive clans are so its as per normal. Is it even contenious? if even one person thinks it is or has any concerns i wont allow it, i dont even need a reason just someone to be concerned with it no questions asked. I don't mind if it even comes from a pm and i will keep it private.

In fact the only thing changed since it began is regarding dropping as i had never until recently encountered dropping like that in a tourney so never legislated for it but its quite clear that recent tourneys had it. I think everybody agrees the dropping rule needs added?

Also ive had to let it be known about toilet breaks as i didn't think it was necessary to include in the rules but feel its important that people recognise im allowed lol. I received alot of abuse for leaving my computer for 5 minutes and toilet breaks however seldom aren't up for discussion and im not gonna tell people when i need to go or even ask for permission lol, it also has never been a problem in the past. I hope nobody thinks thats a change to the rules, surely that's common sense.
Ok, understood
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Boomers]Mr_Dave

Posted 21 March 2020 - 1:25 am
Instead of hosting the random decider pack and hoping for good spots, why doesnt an admin just toss all the maps into a randomizer and choose that way?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 21 March 2020 - 2:08 am
Instead of hosting the random decider pack and hoping for good spots, why doesnt an admin just toss all the maps into a randomizer and choose that way?

I understand your point but its more about trying to be practical and making everything visible so that nobody can claim any form of conspiracy or bias. It could potentially cause a further delay and off course it could alter who is playing in given random set if say it was done before it came up and got made known and it would be cause some would want visibility which is understandable.

We all know how it works simply launch and if spots arent right then quickly gb and fix from p1's spot with the same players and same civs each player got.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Army1_VCom

Edited 21 March 2020 - 6:37 pm by Army1_VCom
Also guys and im trying to confirm rules on lagging/dropping. Does anyone have any issues with this and or feel i need to clear things up cause i want to make sure cant be manipulated by anyone:

If a player disconnects, the game will be resumed. That is to say, the saved game will be restored and completed.

If the game cannot be restored, we will try to view the recorded game. If one player/team was going
to win without any doubt they will be awarded the win. If there was no obvious winner then the game will be replayed with the exact same settings.

If the same player constantly disconnects (by constantly i mean 3 times in a single game), they/their team will forfeit that game and the other player/team will get the point for that game and we will move on to the next game. If a player disconnects 5 times overall over a set then that player will be disqualified from playing the remainder of that set and you will need to use a different player to complete the set.

If a player is causing unplayable lag and can clearly be proven as the sole cause of the lag then that player may be disqualified.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Boomers]Mr_Dave

Posted 25 March 2020 - 2:39 pm
There's nothing "quick" about fixing spots in these matches. It can take 20 minutes sometimes if the teams are being dumb about it. Much better to just know the map and set it up beforehand
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 25 March 2020 - 4:09 pm
Why not use a random picker website, let an admin do it(or whoever is streaming) and then we dont have to waste time joining and gb etc
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 26 March 2020 - 8:50 pm
Its not just about the map but also equally important about the civs and even if it was known it would effect who plays and we would need something set up to show visibility which we don't have. I know most would trust but others would want visibility which is understandable. Plus visibility takes away any conspiracy theories of some kind of bias which most of us know doesn't exsist. Not to mention even if the map and civs is known it can still take some just as long to set the spots up anyway. Plus it gives the admins more work.

I know its not ideal and yes i do think it can be done faster and all that takes is teams being a bit more organised with who is playing in deciders.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Army1_VCom

Edited 30 March 2020 - 9:08 pm by Army1_VCom
Ok guys we are now are moving into some of the bigger games now with sets inevitably about to get more competitive for both seeds and non seeds. Now i understand for some its about having fun and i guess thats fine but now that things are about to get more serious id like to make you aware of certain things that are very important.

I know i have spoke to alot of you about this with regards sharing accounts and in the funner sets i didnt mind but now that things are about to get more serious i need certain things to be adhered too. Now I know that a number of you share accounts but in future games I need you to stick to one account for a few reasons. One I dont know who is who half the time and its important everything is transparent. Take for example in the 1v1 set where it has to be 3 different players, imagine the potential for abuse of this if say a team had a player of my calibre who could just play in 3 games, though if me would just be 2-0 easy win. Its bad for streaming, admins, players, spectators etc.. when people dont know who is playing.

Thankfully and ive spoke to a number of you and everyone is agreement stick to one account and one known account please.

Also ive finally got round to doing the brackets:
[You must login to view link]

Remember at the end of the group stage we will be moving into 2 seperate semi finals. All the schedule threads are also open now for you to complete the groups, i wish you all luck.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 18 April 2020 - 6:26 pm
Ok guys we are at the first weekend of the semi final stages and thankfully we have even one set this weekend as i was genuinely worried all the sets would end up on deadline day. So thank you for that. I kind of want to cover a few grey areas and dont want anyone trying to abuse anything, so if your unsure of something now is the time to ask. Now im aware that in some cases there may be pacts like teams agreeing on not picking certain maps against each other which is fine though its important to note that if im made aware that those maps arent picked then they cant be picked as it will only create drama when i post picks.

Also and equally important when sets are agreed on for a certain date that the date is stuck to, now i dont want to put anyone off scheduling for the reason above and too many sets on deadline would prove a headache. Plus i think you all wanna watch the other sets as well and kind of hard to watch a set while playing in another. But lets take a scenario where teams send me their picks and ive posted them together then teams are bound to that date. We cant have a scenario where i post maps and then sets are delayed further giving teams additional times to practice the other teams picks. Its just against the spirit of a 24 hour window. If for example i post map picks you are bound to that date. If for some reason one team shows up and the other doesnt and tries to delay until say for example a week later then I will award the team who did turn up a point and in addition i will allow map picks to be changed. Now in this scenario we could in theory have a 4-4 score so i will include an additional random round. So basically make sure your playing on the agreed date as once i post the map picks then your bound to that date.

To be clear this isnt me adding to the rules more just making people aware of any potential punishements and im not for adding any additional rules but if any of you can see any grey areas that could be open for abuse then please let me know and I will clear it up before games begin.

Link | Reply | Quote
«2122232425262728293031323334353637383940[41]
Displaying 601 - 611 out of 611 posts