TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

[Eot_]Eddy1

Edited 29 January 2020 - 1:14 am by [Eot_]Eddy1
If you want to make maps immune to vetoes, than it should only be one map. Because if you're making more maps immune to vetoes than you're just making vetoes useless.

I think only Cba hero should be immune to vetoes, or each team can pick one of those maps to be un-vetoed (CBA/Hero/RCB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 29 January 2020 - 1:25 am
If you want to make maps immune to vetoes, than it should only be one map. Because if you're making more maps immune to vetoes than you're just making vetoes useless.

I think only Cba hero should be immune to vetoes, or each team can pick one of those maps to be un-vetoed (CBA/Hero/RCB)

Probably better this way, I agree. I like the idea that each team has 1 veto immunity and 3 vetos.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 1:32 am
Probably better this way, I agree. I like the idea that each team has 1 veto immunity and 3 vetos.

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 1:48 am
Desert and/ CBA, CBA Hero cant be vetoed in 3v3/4v4, that's all.
And 1 immunity to each clan in round stages
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_DeMo__

Edited 29 January 2020 - 5:56 am by 24_DeMo__
Leave the veto rules as they are, if a clan doesn't want Hero vetoe'd they can use their immunity on it.

In my opinion the "Hero can't be vetoe'd" thing is just an extra benefit to clans that can abuse the Hero pick, since they would have used their immunity in Hero anyway. If the "Hero can't be vetoe'd" rule is applied, this saves the Hero clans the immunity vote, leaving them with an "extra immunity vote".

I don't wanna put much thought on it but here's an example of why it's a bad idea:

IC picks

1v1 - CBA Hero
2v2 - CBA Hero
3v3/4v4
-CBA Hero.
-CBA.

IC calls immunity on CBA, since Hero is immune by default and IC called immunity on CBA, this leaves us with a pseudo-CB war for the round.

Also, I would like to give my two cents on the dropping rule.

As of now, it is:
Quote:
Dropping will be determined based on current game state:
If the winner dropped, then the match will be replayed.
If the game is still undecided at time of drop, match will be replayed.
If the loser is dropping (and it's clear he's losing), then the other person/team will be given the win

In my opinion, if a player drops, the game should be saved and resumed where it was left off. If the game cannot be resumed then those rules above should be applied.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Checking

Edited 29 January 2020 - 8:17 am by Checking
24_King_ wrote:
Being fair:
CBA HERO shouldnt be vetoed.
CBA Shouldnt be vetoed in 1v1/2v2, and maybe in 3v3/4v4
RCB need be voted in the pool of maps,
since this is only played ffa and is not even close to being as popular as the previous maps mentioned

Vetos: 2 or 3 is fine.

Immunity for one map is fine too

5 maps for 1v1/2v2 is fine, since it is bo3, and cba and hero are auto in the pack

Agreed
Rcb is played ffa nothing to do with a clan/team tournament.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 29 January 2020 - 8:23 am
Checking wrote:
Agreed
Rcb is played ffa nothing to do with a clan/team tournament.

xCs shouldn't really get input if you're not playing. Yes I know that's camps account.

Also the logic isn't valid, CBA is overwhelmingly played 4v4 yet it will likely be in 1v1 round for example?

3 vetos and 1 immunity is fine. A clan can use the immunity to force CBA Hero for example. Need to make a distinction between CBA and CBA Hero imo, Hero is overwhelmingly played, CBA and RCB are basically on par for like 2-4 games at a time only.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Checking

Posted 29 January 2020 - 8:26 am
xCs shouldn't really get input if you're not playing. Yes I know that's camps account.

Also the logic isn't valid, CBA is overwhelmingly played 4v4 yet it will likely be in 1v1 round for example?

3 vetos and 1 immunity is fine. A clan can use the immunity to force CBA Hero for example. Need to make a distinction between CBA and CBA Hero imo, Hero is overwhelmingly played, CBA and RCB are basically on par for like 2-4 games at a time only.

The best clan right now as proved should have an input ofcourse.
Cba and hero shouldn’t be able to be vetoed
Rcb is played ffa it should have no extra value in a team tournament
And immunity system is nonsense
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 29 January 2020 - 8:37 am
Checking wrote:
The best clan right now as proved should have an input ofcourse.
Cba and hero shouldn’t be able to be vetoed
Rcb is played ffa it should have no extra value in a team tournament
And immunity system is nonsense

You've not proven you're the best clan, you would do that precisely by winning TIW in a bigger range of maps, with a bigger range of games (1v1, 2v2 and tg) Vs all of cs's active clans, who this time round will have full teams.

I'm pretty sure you don't get any input though, that's how it's previously worked. As the most active clan in voobly by far you've consistently trolled and refused to join in/support this event. People will judge the best clan based on the winner of TIW, and if you're not in, you can't win.

There's no reason to group CBA with hero, the two are not played nearly as much as eachother.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]JacobRothschild

Posted 29 January 2020 - 8:37 am
viper43 wrote:
well

Well u
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 29 January 2020 - 10:45 am by [Eot_]Anonymous821
I think cba hero and desert blood should be auto in and cant be vetoed?

Auto add in cba and rcb as well but allow them to be vetoed?

Or maybe just the first one?

Or?
There's already an immunity though so this is just making CB's extra Op, so for me i'd vote against this. I'd propose either removing immunitys and making CBA Hero only (it's the only map with enough activity to warrant this) unvetoable in one round (i guess TG round since it's worth the most points), or just give every clan their immunity and CBA Hero clans can use it on CBA hero.

I'll assume desert is a troll and wont bother commenting on it.

Also +1 on non participating clans getting an input. Why should you have any say if you're not playing? With respect, all you're doing is adding noise, making it harder for the participating members to come to a consensus and trying to dictate the direction of a tournament you're not even a part of. If you want input, then play - this is not unreasonable, in fact if anything you're harming the integrity of the tournament by not participating as the 'best clan in CS', so your opinion really shouldn't be valued unless you wish to play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:50 am
camp will be playing for RB so that gives him a voice ;sneaky
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]JacobRothschild

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:04 am
CBA and HERO are the most important maps and You can't veto them. Literally every single game in lobby is Hero/Cba. Custom Scenario is Hero and Cba.
Rcb only played FFA settings in lobby. So it not important.
You can Veto Blood maps because they prove nothing nowadays.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [T1army]toplo1

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:05 am
CBA and HERO are the most important maps and You can't veto them. Literally every single game in lobby is Hero/Cba. Custom Scenario is Hero and Cba.
Rcb only played FFA settings in lobby. So it not important.
You can Veto Blood maps because they prove nothing nowadays.

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 [T1army]toplo1

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:06 am
what do you think mach0ke ?

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3456789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 611 posts