Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

wurtz

Posted 29 January 2020 - 5:05 pm
In a perfect world i'd like to see a map used in that is fun to play, requires a variety of skillsets, close teamwork, but most importantly; noone has played it prior to the tourney. This way clans get tested on their ability to adapt to new maps and have to create new strategies.
This will of course be hard to implement but could be nice to think about.

Think there's a map called Roulette blood which would work perfectly I think, can't think about another map out of the box since there aren't many new maps which requires a variety of skillsets
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 29 January 2020 - 5:20 pm

That's a brilliant idea but it'd be hard to find a map nobody has ever played.

Why not just do CBA hero in 3v3 automatically and can't be vetod. then all others are voted for, including in 1v1/2v2 and can be vetod? That's adds importance to hero in the most important round, and then it will almost certainly be voted in for 1v1/2v2 also and used alot, just not mandatory.

Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 5:23 pm
wurtz wrote:
Think there's a map called Roulette blood which would work perfectly I think, can't think about another map out of the box since there aren't many new maps which requires a variety of skillsets
+1, work perfectly
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 6:39 pm
Isn't roulette, as the name implies, far too luck based to work in a tournament?
Link | Reply | Quote
 asd12322

Posted 29 January 2020 - 6:40 pm
_IYIastA_ wrote:
Isn't roulette, as the name implies, far too luck based to work in a tournament?

can remember Donnie and primez having sicks win streak on CS - Madness, so can't really tell
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 6:42 pm
Bashing randomers =/= tiw.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 29 January 2020 - 7:27 pm
_IYIastA_ wrote:
Bashing randomers =/= tiw.

<IYIastA> some **** kicked humtum and riven
<IYIastA> i need to mount a mission to saudi
<IYIastA> to steal rivne

bro?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 7:45 pm
<IYIastA> some **** kicked humtum and riven
<IYIastA> i need to mount a mission to saudi
<IYIastA> to steal rivne

bro?

?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 29 January 2020 - 8:57 pm
We thinking to play or not to play. We don't see any competition to us so far. But maybe we will sign up.
As gary said before. You guys trying to come in here and act like your reign is on par with 7ths is a joke. Both clan wars you 'won' the clans you played had a very key piece missing (efkan & Charlie) you know you risk playing a TIW and now getting slapped by both of us in different circumstances so it doesnt surprise anyone you want to sit on the side.

7th & Eot during all the prime years never got to actually war so the only thing we ever got to do for the years was TIW which honestly is a better representation than a war because the map pool is bigger & veto's are used. It's a combination of skill & strategy unlike any tournament or war could be.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Edited 29 January 2020 - 9:08 pm by [xCs]PLO_Style
As gary said before. You guys trying to come in here and act like your reign is on par with 7ths is a joke. Both clan wars you 'won' the clans you played had a very key piece missing (efkan & Charlie) you know you risk playing a TIW and now getting slapped by both of us in different circumstances so it doesnt surprise anyone you want to sit on the side.

7th & Eot during all the prime years never got to actually war so the only thing we ever got to do for the years was TIW which honestly is a better representation than a war because the map pool is bigger & veto's are used. It's a combination of skill & strategy unlike any tournament or war could be.

all? what do you think
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 29 January 2020 - 9:03 pm

1111111111 welcome back from retirement, courtesy of xCs

Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 29 January 2020 - 9:04 pm
not gonna lie I expected you to rub it in and make a really crap post Swag but gj on you.

GGs from all you and wp. Was a fun set and had some pretty quality games in the end. If a TIW 2020 gets announced we'll be back at it but otherwise you guys have the #1 current clan spot and deserve it.

zenchy what do you think?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 29 January 2020 - 9:11 pm
essay incoming shawn?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 29 January 2020 - 9:25 pm
1111111111 welcome back from retirement, courtesy of xCs
had nothing to do with xCs. I wasn't playing at all before our war got organized and put some time in again for the war. If a TIW happens I would again put some time in again but the sad state of CS being just cba hero doesnt interest me at all to log on and play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Edited 29 January 2020 - 9:42 pm by [Eot_]Trumplaris
zenchy what do you think?
yes you're correct I posted that after the war which you guys won 6-5 and the difference between us winning and xCs winning was a few mistakes in gwarz basically. Everyone also knows Eot played that entire war without our best player that would for sure take part in Gwarz and xCs had every key piece as you guys had in the Dy war.

So with all that said I totally understand your fear, most of you have never won a single TIW set vs Eot or players in 7th (Dy) or the mix team of andreas cena + others that would also play, so coming 4th out of basically 4 clans wont be a good look after all that bragging you did.

I'll just leave this here for context https://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/242425

Incase anyone doesnt want to click the link thats Eot beating on XceL which for our TIW set we played the main XceL roster was : CaMp2gg, sU, Jassim, Cena, Krasic & probably some others im forgetting & that set was a week or two before we played 7th in the grand finals and they slapped us hard.

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]56789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 611 posts