Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

_IYIastA_

Edited 2 February 2020 - 4:43 pm by _IYIastA_
CBA maps already have protection, people in this thread have demanded even more protection for them while further removing maps that at least half of the signed up teams will likely vote for.

This is all a little pointless as I am sure Frankie will just take the votes as usual and not bow to pressure.

I would suggest the following though, that maps are weighted by how many votes they get and MAYBE the highest voted map is given some additional veto protection.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RedRuM__

Posted 2 February 2020 - 4:43 pm
Please, do not include Europe or AOW in TIW. It is silly really.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Edited 2 February 2020 - 4:59 pm by [Me_]Zanchy____
There's no way most of the signed up clans will play in a tournament where the maps are CBA, CBA hero, CBA path blood, CBA 42 civ, CBX, byo CB and Lustful Javi. This is your dream tournament, but in reality we will play what the majority want, which I assure you isn't that.

Map votes are only way to go.

I agree with barreh. V. unlikely AoW/Euro or even Spider would make the vote anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 2 February 2020 - 4:47 pm by _IYIastA_
Please, do not include Europe or AOW in TIW. It is silly really.

I agree personally, said so last time.

However, it really has to come down to the clan votes else it will be unfair. This thread illustrates why it should be democratic. If Hero were to only get 2 out of six recommendations it should not be protected for example. If only one clan wants spider it shouldn't be in, its only fair.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 2 February 2020 - 4:59 pm
Just 14 the vote and find out what we are playing
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 5:02 pm

I think the worst thing that could happen is that xCs has crushed Eot / Zanchy team in cbs, 3-0 vs both.

I understand that all want to win, but hero is a very simple map, as veni says: like BF, rofl. 11

am done, 3 clan wont cbs, and make absurd arguments.

No one said to include other cbs, talk only about CBA Hero as the only unique inmmunity map, that's all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 2 February 2020 - 5:11 pm
Grow up King, CBA/HERO/RCB will **PROBABLY* be voted in for every round, and maybe other CB's and simple maps like AB/Nova etc., you can't just assert what you want; neither can xCs. It's a group vote, what part do you not get?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Checking

Edited 2 February 2020 - 5:32 pm by Checking
We get every part right, maybe you are not getting it.
We want cba hero auto included and immunity to veto, as it should to be.
And I give my word to not pick any cbs against RB just like IC did, the only non cb’s clan.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 5:40 pm
It is very obvious, that Dy, Eot, and R'B wouldnt vote for CBA / Hero.

Be a little honest with what you say, there was a pre-agreement to give priority to CBA Hero and Desert.
But they have talked so much in the forums, that they are now afraid to include them, for fear of losing.

I dont have problem to play Bloods /Alternative, I just consider that exception for CBA Hero as the most popular map for the last 5 years, without CBA Hero, TIW 2020 wouldnt be planned, accept reality
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 2 February 2020 - 5:47 pm by _IYIastA_
So if eot turn around and demand europe being in without a democratic mandate and to also be immune to veto, what is your rebuttal to that? There is a clear disconnect in the arguments being presented. Nobody is arguing that cba hero isn't the most played casual map, that would be lunacy. We are arguing that mirror side v side setting is NOT that common and does not deserve some sanctified spot on a pedestal when the clans in the tournament generally don't like that setting.
24_King_ wrote:
I dont have problem to play Bloods /Alternative, I just consider that exception for CBA Hero as the most popular map for the last 5 years, without CBA Hero, TIW 2020 wouldnt be planned, accept reality

Nobody said that CBA Hero has to be excluded, if at least two clans want a map it should be included, just not protected.

The original TIW came about as a result of activity in random ladder, it was designed as an all round tournament. This TIW was brought about by two all round wars between xcs and dy/eot.
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 5:49 pm
I think they are right about CBA hero, if it doesn't get voted in this TiW it would kinda be a joke.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
I think they are right about CBA hero, if it doesn't get voted in this TiW it would kinda be a joke.

So, the majority should be told to **** off because the minority demands its own way?
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 2 February 2020 - 5:53 pm
_IYIastA_ wrote:
So if eot turn around and demand europe being in without a democratic mandate and to also be immune to veto, what is your rebuttal to that? There is a clear disconnect in the arguments being presented. Nobody is arguing that cba hero isn't the most played casual map, that would be lunacy. We are arguing that mirror side v side setting is NOT that common and does not deserve some sanctified spot on a pedestal when the clans in the tournament generally don't like that setting.

Nobody said that CBA Hero has to be excluded, if at least two clans want a map it should be included, just not protected.

The original TIW came about as a result of activity in random ladder, it was designed as an all round tournament. This TIW was brought about by two all round wars between xcs and dy/eot.

I think you are right as well. But imagine enough clans agree on not voting CBA hero, adn voting desert blood and Europe (it's a scenario that could happen), then this TiW is over before it started.
The voting system might be outdated and there may be better alternatives (for example using the map list used in both wars last year, and let both clans choose one extra map outside of that maplist).
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 2 February 2020 - 5:57 pm by _IYIastA_
I think you are right as well. But imagine enough clans agree on not voting CBA hero, adn voting desert blood and Europe (it's a scenario that could happen), then this TiW is over before it started.
The voting system might be outdated and there may be better alternatives (for example using the map list used in both wars last year, and let both clans choose one extra map outside of that maplist).

I'm pretty sure you only need two clans to want a map for it to be included, and thats guaranteed. Who knows if cenas team, if its going to materialise, will vote for.

I'm open to a compromise where hero is auto included, the veto settings remain the same or we add the veto immunity thingy as a choice for each clan. In return europe/aow/other similiar maps are removed from the voting. That would require a consensus though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 2 February 2020 - 5:57 pm
Didn't we discuss about CBA Hero being automatically included in 1v1/2v2 and TG sets? I don't get what all the fuss is about?

Every clan should have 1 immunity about one of their maps and use it either in 1v1/2v2 or TG, and 3 vetoes.

Other maps should be voted in. Same thing happened in the previous TiW's, we never had any problem.

Link | Reply | Quote
«45678910111213[14]15161718192021222324»
Displaying 196 - 210 out of 611 posts