Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

subiculum

Posted 1 February 2020 - 3:27 pm
A topic for TiW has once again become a thread about salty Eots trying to downplay their underachievements.

If Eot won that war theyd be like "oh yea see? We won that war so we still the best CS clan". They lost so theyre looking for excuses "game not complex" "no charlie" "favored xCs" "no competition these days" "inactivity" blabla

If a war that has like 2 out of 10 maps that are played 95% of the time in CS and 8 maps making up the remaining 5% of CS which are the only maps Eot is decent in "favors" xCs the you should really consider thinking about whether you just suck at this game or they simply dominated you.

+1 to this .

For you Sean I may have 7k games but you have 7k posts on forums if you would've spent more time on actually playing instead of writting essays on forums maybe you could've carried your team instead of crying because you didn't have Charlie.
I told you before our war with DY that we will win and you said that they will win 6-2 or 6-3,you started your forum challenges vs us immediately after we won vs DY and you are acting as we forced you to play vs us.You were pretty confident that you will win the war like 6-1 or something (Even the CB's)again you were wrong as always.
Sean12/10/2019
we'll probably win cba hero & Cba actually but its okay if you think that
np for us

As per Veni I have no idea why would he talk **** about Camp , Camp is 100x better than him as a player and as a person.
Veni is levels behind camp (in CB's not even close) he was talking **** about xCs getting better civs in casual CBA hero games for almost 2 years but in the war he picked Viking & Teutons for himself cause he was scared that he wouldn't even get to castle age.He won't play a CBA game without Obi and a CBA hero game without Edi because he knows he sucks at both of them and needs someone to carry him.
In the last so called "TIW 2v2" he was so scared that he had to call Stryker or whatever his name is to play in Drew's acc so he had again another person to carry him somewhat [You must login to view link] , [You must login to view link] .

Even in TIW , Eot will never beat xCs in any CB be it CBA ,HERO or CBX , your only chance is in maps that are played from 1% of Voobly CS right now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Vangelis]Space_Time

Posted 1 February 2020 - 4:05 pm
subiculum wrote:
+1 to this .

For you Sean I may have 7k games but you have 7k posts on forums if you would've spent more time on actually playing instead of writting essays on forums maybe you could've carried your team instead of crying because you didn't have Charlie.
I told you before our war with DY that we will win and you said that they will win 6-2 or 6-3,you started your forum challenges vs us immediately after we won vs DY and you are acting as we forced you to play vs us.You were pretty confident that you will win the war like 6-1 or something (Even the CB's)again you were wrong as always.
Sean12/10/2019
np for us

As per Veni I have no idea why would he talk **** about Camp , Camp is 100x better than him as a player and as a person.
Veni is levels behind camp (in CB's not even close) he was talking **** about xCs getting better civs in casual CBA hero games for almost 2 years but in the war he picked Viking & Teutons for himself cause he was scared that he wouldn't even get to castle age.He won't play a CBA game without Obi and a CBA hero game without Edi because he knows he sucks at both of them and needs someone to carry him.
In the last so called "TIW 2v2" he was so scared that he had to call Stryker or whatever his name is to play in Drew's acc so he had again another person to carry him somewhat [You must login to view link] , [You must login to view link] .

Even in TIW , Eot will never beat xCs in any CB be it CBA ,HERO or CBX , your only chance is in maps that are played from 1% of Voobly CS right now.

Gg
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_DeMo__

Posted 1 February 2020 - 4:40 pm
So....

What about leaving rules untouched? Teams can call immunity to whatever map they don't want vetoed.

Only rule i'd like to have changed is the Dropping Rule... If somebody drops, restore the game, if game cannot be restored then apply the current rules as a last resource.

Current Dropping rule:
///// Dropping will be determined based on current game state:
If the winner dropped, then the match will be replayed.
If the game is still undecided at time of drop, match will be replayed.
If the loser is dropping (and it's clear he's losing), then the other person/team will be given the win /////

Link | Reply | Quote
 NoDiddy

Posted 1 February 2020 - 5:19 pm
I was talking **** about him because your benchwarmer fastcar was impersonating him .

Name a map in the eot vs xcs war where camp made the difference ? I'll wait. Like i said before replace him with Dan in all the blood maps , you wouldnt notice the difference .

As someone who made a living off analyzing statistics , yes I do question the distribution of civs you guys get on a constant basis . There's a massive discrepancy between what winrates should look like and actual ones .

I wasn't the one who picked my civs in cba/hero , if it was up to me i woulda gone with saracens in cba and hero i didnt rly care too much.

what's up with this scared narrative ? that tourney (2v2 tiw) meant nothing to us , and you got ****ed even tho you picked the same map twice LMFAO .

sorry for playing cba/hero with 1-2 friends on my team instead of 3 braindead allies every single game .

Nice contradiction there pal , we beat you 2v2 frank viks in cba remember ? ;1thumbup

cba/hero mirror make up maybe 1-2% of cs , to group them with the random civ games that account for 95% of cs activity is deceitful . Nobody in rm goes around claiming bf is the most important/skilled rm map based on the vast majority of noobs preferring that map .

Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Posted 1 February 2020 - 5:20 pm
24_King_ wrote:
Being fair:
CBA HERO shouldnt be vetoed.
CBA Shouldnt be vetoed in 1v1/2v2, and maybe in 3v3/4v4
RCB need be voted in the pool of maps,
since this is only played ffa and is not even close to being as popular as the previous maps mentioned

Vetos: 2 or 3 is fine.

Immunity for one map is fine too
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]JacobRothschild

Posted 1 February 2020 - 5:20 pm
subiculum wrote:
+1 to this .

Sean12/10/2019
np for us

GG
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_DeMo__

Posted 1 February 2020 - 5:33 pm
Me fightin

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 asd12322

Posted 1 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
NoDiddy wrote:

Name a map in the eot vs xcs war where camp made the difference ? I'll wait. Like i said before replace

camp carried lustful by taking absolute control of Sea as it was planned, can take ss if you don't believe me 11
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 1 February 2020 - 6:13 pm
And the level and relative success of players are now based on a sample set of n=1? In statistics, this is meaningless. Player by player Both veni and camp are quite successful and we'll rated. Now can we leave it there? the rest of us just want to get on with TIW and have sone fun.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_DeMo__

Posted 1 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
IMO there should not be discussion regarding maps or rules that affect the maps in this thread, leave that to the map voting. Everybody is gonna try to shape the rules the way it benefits them.

If CBs and maps alike are popular, they are for sure gonna be a majority of the map pool.

As I see it, TiW is NOT a representation of the CS Lobby, it's a representation of the Top Players of CS involved in a Clans/Teams tournament. It's understandable that what is seen in TiW differs from the lobby.

Using RM as an example, you don't see Custom RM Maps with very weird settings anywhere in the RM Lobby, yet they are everywhere in certain RM Tournaments.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 1 February 2020 - 6:29 pm
asd12322 wrote:
camp carried lustful by taking absolute control of Sea as it was planned, can take ss if you don't believe me 11

when you said you won't reply anymore, did you mean with your other account or what? I'm confused.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Posted 1 February 2020 - 6:36 pm
when you said you won't reply anymore, did you mean with your other account or what? I'm confused.

😂😂😂
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_DeMo__

Edited 1 February 2020 - 6:55 pm by 24_DeMo__
Regarding map pool density:

In the last TiW there were:
  • 12 Maps for the 1v1 setting.
  • 13 Maps for the 2v2 setting.
  • 18 Maps for the TG setting.

Which allowed room for now unknown and pretty much dead maps such as Art of War, Spider Blood and Dome Blood.

I suggest reducing the amount of maps allowed in the map pool, so there is no room left for said maps.
For example:
  • 9 Maps for the 1v1 setting.
  • 9 Maps for the 2v2 setting.
  • 13 Maps for the TG setting.

People that find odd numbers irritating please don't rage at me.

Also, this rule could be removed:
Quote:
CBA/CBA Hero

Naturally we want to keep the tourney has diverse as possible and due to the fact both maps are available for selection in all the rounds. So to avoid someone picking both these maps in their home picks you can only select one or the other. If a clan uses a veto on one of the maps you can select the other.

This way CB based clans are allowed to pick both of the CBA forms.

Last TiW maps and rules found in: https://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/235580
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 1 February 2020 - 7:49 pm
What I meant eddy was i wouldnt feed that drama anymore, i just said what i had to say and seem you guys finslly got the message

Also nice to see i dont have to take ss
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 1 February 2020 - 8:00 pm
subiculum wrote:
+1 to this .

Sean12/10/2019
np for us

Bruh you dont have 7000 games played.. you have more like 10 000. And my many posts are spanned over close to a decade basically whereas your games are spanned over half that time basically. As far as my playing I did fine in my maps I played. I never made the excuse from the start that we had no Charlie. You act like this is speculation, Eot was missing our best player in the war vs xCs and the scoreline was 6-5 this is just a fact, and yes I thought we can beat you guys without him which was evident in the fact that the difference between us was a few mistakes in a single map.

My only points ive made in this are you guys need to get off your high horses. You play more than we do, are more active in recent times by a large margin and Eot played you handicapped. You're not as great as you think and that could be proven in TIW if you guys stepped up and backed things up more against not just Eot but Dy with a much better roster than the one you warred & also a strong mixed team of others too.

& to you guys saying somehow that war favoured us.

Maps that clearly favoured Eot : Rcb
maps that clear favoured xCs : CBA - CBA Hero - CBX - AB.

I wanted WoA to be played you guys asked that Nova & KM be in instead, I agreed because I dont mind either of those maps but all those blood maps could go either way on any given day really just based on who plays better. You had a much better blood team than we had a CB team, if anyone can refute what I just said and wants to again say that I organized a war in Eots favour and we lost I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Link | Reply | Quote
123456789[10]1112131415161718192021»
Displaying 136 - 150 out of 611 posts