TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

asd12322

Edited 29 January 2020 - 11:31 am by asd12322
asdasd_

i thought cb's would ve some kind of priority since its the most played map nowadays, or atleast change the way its being benefit
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:50 am
It is much, much easier, to get CBA / Hero players and make a competitive team on those maps, than to get RCB (0) / Bloods players, so it seems FAIR that CBA Hero and CBA should be immune.
And then quit rule of a immunity map for each clan, only CBA/hero, and desert

In a pool pack will be like 10 Bloods(some unknows and deads), if i veto 3, remaining 7 to choose,unfair for a clan CB, like me.

Too Random decider pack should be fair, like:
CBA Hero : X5
CBA: x2
RCB: x1
5/6 bloods: x1
Lustful/cbx/dodgeballs: x1

To win a round i need beat them in bloods, it seems fair

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:03 pm
I am all in for CBA/Hero but this isn’t a CBA/Hero tournament.

People who don’t want to play shouldn’t have a say in this case, especially those on holidays.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 29 January 2020 - 12:08 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Remember guys there is no right or wrong answer. Also and while i appreciate all the feedback and your more than welcome to give it on the set up its important to note that unless your playing then your opinion wont hold any weight with me on setting it up but of course your more than welcome to play and with it your opinion then mattering. I am not directing this at anyone so I don't want others using this as a way of baiting i am merely stating it as a matter of fact and have expressed this at the beginning of the thread.

Everyone knows I always go with the majority with regards opinions taken from both the discussion here along with individuals in private who don't wish to air it on the forum.

So far what im thinking perhaps:

CBA Hero added to all rounds 1v1, 2v2, 3v3/4v4, desert auto added to 1v1, 2v2. The rest of the maps will be up for being voted on so naturally if your not playing then you don't have a vote. 3 vetos has per normal, and perhaps giving each clan an immunity that they can use once and can use it in whatever round they see fit. So for example i could use an immunity on 1v1 desert forcing it to be played but then i have no more immunitys left. Or for example I might decide that I want keep my immunity for 3v3/4v4 cba hero, meaning that while it could be picked in the 1v1 and 2v2 rounds it can be vetoed but that of course means ive made whoever use 2 of their vetos.

Or do we simply auto include cba hero and desert only leaving every other map up for a vote, having no immunitys but making those 2 maps immune from being vetoed while still having 3 vetos?

While i fully recognise that in todays landscape the lobby is mostly all cbs and at that mostly cba hero its also important to note that TIW is always about a wide diversity of maps. Including cba hero in all rounds assures it has a massive part to play in the tourney and of course if your clan heavily prefers other cbs as well then vote for them in other rounds as apposed to hoping others do and this applies to all maps as nobody can really argue with the vote. Remember if your not playing you wont have a vote on the maps selected.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:28 pm
I think you need to move forum Frankie, we really appreciate your efforts but xCs don't. They keep trolling even though they're not playing. Please move forum and delete their posts?

So far eot and Dy agree on 3 vetoes , 1 immunity and that immunity can be used on anything once.

King from IC wants CBA/hero immunity automatically. But demo from IC agrees more with Dy/Eot.

All of the other posts are xCs or not clear.

We need to get verdict on this from other clans and final from IC as so far democracy says 2-0 to 3 vetos, 1 immunity and no automatic immunity for CBA/hero.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:39 pm
This democracy seems absurd.

Blooders ( noone play it now) will have at their disposal more than 10 maps, and the only 2 cbs (and the most popular maps the last 5 years) will not even have any importance.

Army is very obvious that CBA/ hero will be voted, it is nothing special to include them automatically.

If some clan veto us cbs, im forced to pick bloods,seems fair...

Every clan have good team in CBA/Hero, idk why they wont this fair rule.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:45 pm
It isnt a CBA/ hero tournament, since rival team choose his maps too, there are the variety of the tourney.

Ok, CBA/Hero only immunity to 3v3/4v4, it can be vetoed in 1v1/2v2 rounds,nice.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]JacobRothschild

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:45 pm
We thinking to play or not to play. We don't see any competition to us so far. But maybe we will sign up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:48 pm
I dont mind xcs giving their opinion but they will need to play for their opinion to count with me with regards the set up and maps. Maybe they will change their mind and hopefully for their sake its not too late for their opinion to count as I will be putting a deadline on things like map votes and entrants soon. Like ive already said unless your playing then you dont have a vote. Remember I am also speaking to others outside of the forum as well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 29 January 2020 - 1:09 pm
24_King_ wrote:
This democracy seems absurd.

Blooders ( noone play it now) will have at their disposal more than 10 maps, and the only 2 cbs (and the most popular maps the last 5 years) will not even have any importance.

Army is very obvious that CBA/ hero will be voted, it is nothing special to include them automatically.

If some clan veto us cbs, im forced to pick bloods,seems fair...

Every clan have good team in CBA/Hero, idk why they wont this fair rule.

Democracy king lol, if majority want that that's what we'll do. So far though, out of participanting clans we want CBA/hero in but not auto-immune. Leave it up to majority, it's the only way really.

I'd have a word with demo and rest of IC and come up with a concensus.

@Camp, I'm not going to keep feeding your trolls after this, please show some respect man. So far the only clan with absolute bragging rights is 7th, which has split up and or died. If xCs want in, you can say so and count towards this vote to force more CB. If not, your opinion really cant count as we're making it for the players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 29 January 2020 - 1:25 pm
Democracy king lol, if majority want that that's what we'll do. So far though, out of participanting clans we want CBA/hero in but not auto-immune. Leave it up to majority, it's the only way really.

I'd have a word with demo and rest of IC and come up with a concensus.

@Camp, I'm not going to keep feeding your trolls after this, please show some respect man. So far the only clan with absolute bragging rights is 7th, which has split up and or died. If xCs want in, you can say so and count towards this vote to force more CB. If not, your opinion really cant count as we're making it for the players.

He will be playing for RB if xcs decides not to play so his opinion stays valid no matter the outcome
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 29 January 2020 - 1:39 pm
Start map voting xD these forums gonna drag into March 24

xD?
Link | Reply | Quote
 wurtz

Posted 29 January 2020 - 4:50 pm
As long as Sign ups are open there is not an official declinee from xCs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 4:55 pm
I think during last TiW CBA hero and CBA couldn't be veto'ed in the 3 v 3/4 v 4 round, but you could only pick one.

For example, team A picks cba hero, they can choose the civs and colors, the other team can't veto it, but team A can't pick CBA anymore. Team B can still pick CBA and will get to choose spots/civs and team A can't veto it.

I think this worked and i would like to see this rule again. It makes sure CBA/hero will play an important role if clans want, but it's not enough to decide the outcome of a matchup
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 5:02 pm
Something else i'd like to say:
We've recently had 2 clan wars between the 3 most active and most high profile clans in CS at the moment.
Both times the clans were able to reach an agreement on the maps. Both times the maps were pretty similar. I think that is a clear sign that these maps are a good map-pool to start from and i'm hoping to see a lot of these maps (if not all) in the tourney, rather than more obscure maps.

Another thought: In RM tourney hosts have been experimenting with 'out of the box' settings and maps, which leads to interesting results because clans and players have to adapt to new situations and have to practice new maps.
In a perfect world i'd like to see a map used in that is fun to play, requires a variety of skillsets, close teamwork, but most importantly; noone has played it prior to the tourney. This way clans get tested on their ability to adapt to new maps and have to create new strategies.
This will of course be hard to implement but could be nice to think about.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]456789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 611 posts