Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

TIW 2020 Rules/Settings (discussion)

[xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 30 January 2020 - 3:58 pm
I think xCs know they are playing in an era of weaker clans and less competition, but if you guys keep being passive-aggressive towards them to "increase" competition they will respond with trolling.

I personally think trash talking doesn't improve competition but decreases it as losing becomes too dangerous. I have always said this over the years and I really believe in it.

Yes, we are playing in an era of weaker clans and less competition, but you will remember that we have never challenged any clans to any sets other than CBA/Hero. That was our only claim since the beginning, that we are the best CB clan in CS right now. And competition has always been strongest in CBs considering they are +90% of the games played in CS today and in the last few years. Then, your loudmouth clan mates (Zanchy and Rajput) challenged us to a set that included bloods, which I guess they were confident they would win. We had to resurrect one old player (sU), learn new maps (me and bek), and play with a roster of 4 (+Jv for lustful), while they swapped between 7-8 players and still could not win. Yes, that is something we are happy about and if anyone tries to diminish that, we will "troll" them in return. Notice our "trolling" is usually a reaction to salty players (mainly Zanchy, Rajput, and Sean).

Same story more or less with Eot_. One of the oldest and most competitively established clans in CS gets defeated by a relatively new-school clan like xCs, in a CB and bloods set that largely favored them (they started with 1-0 as we forfeited RCB, clearly a huge advantage), this after talking a lot of **** and regularly calling us out on forums. Of course we will resort to trolling when certain players try to diminish our accomplishments.

As for TiW, we are considering it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lxCslPLO_Style

Posted 30 January 2020 - 4:03 pm
Yes, we are playing in an era of weaker clans and less competition, but you will remember that we have never challenged any clans to any sets other than CBA/Hero. That was our only claim since the beginning, that we are the best CB clan in CS right now. And competition has always been strongest in CBs considering they are +90% of the games played in CS today and in the last few years. Then, your loudmouth clan mates (Zanchy and Rajput) challenged us to a set that included bloods, which I guess they were confident they would win. We had to resurrect one old player (sU), learn new maps (me and bek), and play with a roster of 4 (+Jv for lustful), while they swapped between 7-8 players and still could not win. Yes, that is something we are happy about and if anyone tries to diminish that, we will "troll" them in return. Notice our "trolling" is usually a reaction to salty players (mainly Zanchy, Rajput, and Sean).

Same story more or less with Eot_. One of the oldest and most competitively established clans in CS gets defeated by a relatively new-school clan like xCs, in a CB and bloods set that largely favored them (they started with 1-0 as we forfeited RCB, clearly a huge advantage), this after talking a lot of **** and regularly calling us out on forums. Of course we will resort to trolling when certain players try to diminish our accomplishments.

Gg
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]JacobRothschild

Posted 30 January 2020 - 4:09 pm

👍
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RAJPUT__

Posted 30 January 2020 - 4:31 pm
Accomplishments??? Claims yourself best cb clan yet cry over swapping civis in cba and hero. Threaten other clan to play by your rules or no games. Very stronk gg

😂😂 Man toto you are one big fool
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bipolaris

Edited 30 January 2020 - 4:34 pm by Bipolaris
Accomplishments??? Claims yourself best cb clan yet cry over swapping civis in cba and hero. Threaten other clan to play by your rules or no games. Very stronk gg

?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Vangelis]Space_Time

Posted 30 January 2020 - 4:40 pm

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Edited 30 January 2020 - 7:06 pm by [Me_]Zanchy____
I left eot because we were op and xCs (the main other active clan) wouldn't war us. I formed Dy to add back some competition in CS.

I challenged xCs because CS was dead. Much more than right now. In terms of win/loss, we lost, but we had 1/2 of our strongest players. I mostly expected to lose because of that, and even so we didn't practice or prepare nowhere near as much as xCs. I gave in to your every demand pretty much on the day, the real reason isnt because i over estimated you, the reason is it's good for CS to have the games. I noticed early on (in the vet) I'd need to carry every map, which I did do for 3, nearly 4, but wasn't able to. That doesn't reflect on me much though, I was spammed with messages saying how well I played. In fairness su and blodi did well in bloods, and crack on our team slapped camp over and over.

Because of that imo (and me leaving) you warred eot, who really did under estimate you and didn't much of my advice :d you deserved both wins. But imo again we're having a TIW because of me putting CS before wins, or I'd have quit when the rest of 7th did in 2016. And most obviously because of armies dedication to the game and players. **Ty Franky :)

Having said that 3 things I need to point out now. 1. Dy now have a few extra players and efkan active. 2. Eot are likely to step back up their game and are desperate to win a and the final TIW. 3. xCs have earnt some respect from the wars, you're losing it by trolling too much. Tone it down a bit, respect at the very least this forum, army puts alot of effort and time into these things, do it for him honestly. Don't spam forum with trolls :S

Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 30 January 2020 - 5:35 pm
Well, I think if you can pick CBA and Hero only once (either in 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 round), but people are not allowed to veto them is a good compromise. The 3v3 round is the most important anyway each game being one point, so CB/hero based clans can just use those maps there then.

Immunity and plus not being able to veto certain maps doesn't work...
+1, only could be use one time CBA and Hero

I personally think trash talking doesn't improve competition but decreases it as losing becomes too dangerous. I have always said this over the years and I really believe in it.
Well said, Dy representative.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 30 January 2020 - 6:08 pm
I challenged xCs because CS was dead. Much more than right now. In terms of win/loss, we lost, but we had 1/2 of our strongest players. I mostly expected to lose because of that, and even so we didn't practice or prepare nowhere near as much as xCs. I gave in to your every demand pretty much on the day, the real reason isnt because i over estimated you, the reason is it's good for CS to have the games. I noticed early on (in the vet) I'd need to carry every map, which I did do for 3, nearly 4, but wasn't able to. That doesn't reflect on me much though, I was spammed with messages saying how well I played. In fairness su and blodi did well in bloods, and crack on our team slapped camp over and over.

No, you rage-challenged us after you got slapped hard in CBA Hero one day by us, and soon after you were exposed purposely trying to make Bek lose in a CBA game, to which you responded with racist attacks against me rofl (https://www.voobly.com/match/view/20852297 and https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/313636)

You didn't expect to lose, you did practice, and you did not give in to our every demand. We negotiated and we both agreed, so again stop trying to diminish our accomplishments. No one believes you challenged us for the sake of CS lmao you obviously did it out of ego. The only maps you carried in were 2 bloods maps which you were expected to, considering your 10+ years of experience in playing them. You still lost smosh and nova 11.
3. xCs have earnt some respect from the wars, you're losing it by trolling too much. Tone it down a bit, respect at the very least this forum, army puts alot of effort and time into these things, do it for him honestly. Don't spam forum with trolls :S

Maybe you and Rajput should take your mate's advice and stop with the aggressive behavior in the lobby/forums. But I don't think you will. It's in your nature. So we will keep responding. Enjoy ;)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]JacobRothschild

Posted 30 January 2020 - 6:15 pm
No, you rage-challenged us after you got slapped hard in CBA Hero one day by us, and soon after you were exposed purposely trying to make Bek lose in a CBA game, to which you responded with racist attacks against me rofl (https://www.voobly.com/match/view/20852297 and https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/313636)

You didn't expect to lose, you did practice, and you did not give in to our every demand. We negotiated and we both agreed, so again stop trying to diminish our accomplishments. No one believes you challenged us for the sake of CS lmao you obviously did it out of ego. The only maps you carried in were 2 bloods maps which you were expected to, considering your 10+ years of experience in playing them. You still lost smosh and nova 11.

Maybe you and Rajput should take your mate's advice and stop with the aggressive behavior in the lobby/forums. But I don't think you will. It's in your nature. So we will keep responding. Enjoy ;)

👍
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Edited 30 January 2020 - 7:21 pm by [Me_]Zanchy____
Please shut up and let players talk with army about TIW. thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Edited 30 January 2020 - 8:29 pm by seeyoulatter_
wazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Vangelis]Space_Time

Posted 30 January 2020 - 7:28 pm
Please shut up and let players talk with army about TIW. thanks

Enjoy your 3 clan CS event of the year rofl ****
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RedRuM__

Edited 30 January 2020 - 8:10 pm by [Eot_]RedRuM__
@Mahmoud

Oh well. It got very heated again, lol. Here is my two cents.

I am not diminishing xCs's achievements and others should't either. I think when a bunch of talented CB players come together and compete in bloods/cb's and win two wars in a row is always praise worthy. I know xCs never pretended to be an all round clan like Eot and 7th. That is why xCs agreeing to a war with Eot that included bloods was amazing, let alone winning a close victory. It was Eot's decision to challenge you guys and to play without Charlie. Therefore it is irrelevant to speak about Charlie after the war.

That being said I think it upsets people when people see comments from xCs like:"there is no competition anymore for us" or the constant show boating. I know you guys are new to the scene in terms of competitive wars/tournaments, but even back in the day between 7th and Eot, which was arguably the most toxic rivalry CS has ever seen the clans showed each other mutual respect after the games were played. I can't say the same about xCs after defeating Eot.

You guys are really taking all the trash talk to heart. Some people on Voobly believe it helps CS somehow (I am not one of them) by creating more competitive games. They are not doing it because they think xCs sucks. You have won just two wars, it is obvious you guys are at the moment the best or one of the best.

I hope people will read your post seriously because you have said what xCs wanted for the trolling to stop. I hope you can also consider what I have written.
Link | Reply | Quote
 heygirlhey

Posted 30 January 2020 - 8:20 pm
I'd like to see a CS topic that is still "on TOPIC" 5 pages later. Still waiting :(

Erm, settle it in the 'arena' of TIW instead of arguing on the forum? Actions speak louder than words guys. You're not doing CS and Frankie any favors. :(

Link | Reply | Quote
12345[6]789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 76 - 90 out of 611 posts